Author Topic: 2013 DYNOTHON - a fund raiser for Landracing.com  (Read 22914 times)

Offline aussievetteracer

Re: 2013 DYNOTHON - a fund raiser for Landracing.com
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
Mate- I reckon you're going to make the magic ton one day, so I've paypalled in $100.00
                                                                                                                          Denis
Denis

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
I will contribute anyway as I always do each year. But if you are going to have a dyno run where you are asking for donations based on the numbers on the dyno monitor, I suggest posting a video so everyone could see exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Jon

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
$100 Paypal sent.

Good job guys.
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
Wow.  Thanks, gentlemen.  So far five of you have sent Paypal donations.  Thank you very much.  And some of them were well more than the basic so many bucks/hp, so I thank you for that. 

In answer to the question about remitting:  Hey, I'm happy with the $$ no matter how you get it here.  USPS is fine:  landracing.com, 509 Dukes Road, Skandia Michigan 49885.  By the way, if you don't know where we are -- look up Skandia (may have to substitute Marquette because Skandia is so tiny and not on some maps) so you know from now on.  And once you know -- you'd be welcome to hand-deliver the cash or check.  Let us know you're headed this way and we'll be sure to have some pasties in the oven for supper that night.  And maybe, while you're here, Nancy will show you her two latest tattoos.  One is on her right wrist, the other one needs - ahm, how do I say it -- mmm, can be seen when she's wearing a skimpy swimming suit top.  Real skimpy.

Paypal is easy, and if you see the little box you're welcome to tick it which tells them it's a gift and they shouldn't take their pound of flesh as a "processing fee".  But whether or not -- I do appreciate all of the support that you've shown the site - and Chris.  And for that matter, thanks, Chris, for not only building a fun engine but also coming up with the "Dynothon" idea.  I'll look forward to your further adventures.  And I'll keep the offer open to make Grenade t-shirts.  Should I wait 'til I can honestly put a "100hp" on there -- or start 'em right away?  If that's the case I'll be needing sizes (and shipping addresses) from you five -- and all the others that want one.  I'll put it this way -- any donation (to the site) that's over $35 will get a shirt if wanted.  You five all qualify.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 01:04:03 AM »
I will contribute anyway as I always do each year. But if you are going to have a dyno run where you are asking for donations based on the numbers on the dyno monitor, I suggest posting a video so everyone could see exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks
Don

I agree.  That indeed was the plan, but the videographer was AWOL.  We could have set my camera to do short vids, but once we were running and under the gun to finish before the 5:00 curfew, movie making had moved down on the priority list.

As always, I want this to be beyond reproach, and once I have figured out how to get these darned files to print and/or make pdfs, you will be inundated with data - I know I have been!  :-D

If anybody wants the raw logs, let me know - I've got them all, and I'll be happy to share them with you.  Send me a PM, and I'll forward them to you.  The software is available on Superflow's website.

On behalf of Jon and Nancy, thank you all for your support!

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
Cash sent through PayPal... Thanks to SSS for this
site and Chris for a fun idea to bring in donations.
I'll send a PM with my shirt size and contact info.
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »

MM:

Forgive me I have been traveling and not following the thread page for page. Do you have plans to continue the Dyno runs to perfect your tune up or should I pay Jon on the 88 HP number. I don't mind send him some extra as the tune up improves.

BR
E

Thanks
Don

I agree.  That indeed was the plan, but the videographer was AWOL.  We could have set my camera to do short vids, but once we were running and under the gun to finish before the 5:00 curfew, movie making had moved down on the priority list.

As always, I want this to be beyond reproach, and once I have figured out how to get these darned files to print and/or make pdfs, you will be inundated with data - I know I have been!  :-D

If anybody wants the raw logs, let me know - I've got them all, and I'll be happy to share them with you.  Send me a PM, and I'll forward them to you.  The software is available on Superflow's website.

On behalf of Jon and Nancy, thank you all for your support!

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
MM:

Forgive me I have been traveling and not following the thread page for page. Do you have plans to continue the Dyno runs to perfect your tune up or should I pay Jon on the 88 HP number. I don't mind send him some extra as the tune up improves.

BR
E

Bill, that's entirely your call.  Technically, the Dynothon ended on the 9th.  Personally, I went ahead and donated my aspirations - which was 100, along with the 100 my mom and dad sent, but all that you're honor bound to is 88.2. 

See you in August?

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »
Okay – a bit of an update.

First off, the Dynothon!

Thanks for all who have contributed to landracing.com.  I’ll ask Slim to post up all who have paid, and then we can all bullyrag the rest into submission.

For those who are holding back in anticipation of bigger numbers and bigger dents in your wallets, episode 2, RETURN TO DY-NO-DOME, will be conducted on the 28th of May.  So those of you who were sandbagging – you might have been wise to take the 88.2 and run with it.

Second, I just received a fist full of Weber jets, and I expect that within these fine little bits of brass lies the key.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
I'll go through the Paypal receipts and the checks -- and post the names of the kind folks that have sent $$ in honor of Chris' trials and tribulations.  Nancy works all day Saturday and Sunday -- so I should have enough time to get the names all together.  Thanks, one and all.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »
25 pulls to 8000-8200 rpm, countless jet, choke and emulsion tube changes, 3 different headers, 2 different intake manifolds, and bumping up the timing netted a solid 95.1 hp at 8000 RPM.

To those who were putting off a contribution until we were done, I can say now, we’re done.

The multiplier is 95.1.

Thanks for all the support of the site, the encouragement and the help.

Chris Conrad

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
OK.

I am flat broke, in fact I am borderline solvent with an uncertain outlook, but that's another story.....

This site has provided immense entertainment and useful information for us over the years and that is without mentioning the friendships my friends here and I have made. It's a drop in centre for the hare-brained thrill seekers and an in-joke fest for the OCD hard heads that most here are.

$1 per horse, plus fifty if you break it, even if I have to steal it. :roll:

There , that should just about tip the scales to 50%.

Theivery doesn't become you, Doc.

I'm sure Jon will float you for a while, and it's too far to travel to break your kneecaps.

. . . don't leave a paper trail . . .  :wink:

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »
Hey, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen and all the ships at sea:  It's time to make the t-shirts for Salt Talks and for Chris' engine dynothon.  The deal is that the Salt Talks shirts will be the same as the Dynothon shirts - except the Dynothon shirts will have extra detail on them to commemorate the little engine that not only could, but did.  The shirts will be for all of you that donated money as part of MM's challenge ($/hp).  If you sent in at least $40 you get a shirt, including shipping.  You're welcome to pick up your shirt at SpeedWeed, World of Speed, the Shootout, or World Finals, too, of course.

But I need to know your sizes.  If you'd be so kind as to let me know -- whether here, on this topic, or via an email or PM -- I'll make sure we get the right sizes made.  Also, of course, we need an address if you won't be picking up your shirt on the salt.

Back to the shirts:  They'll have Rouse and Fred Vance and Stainless (vehicles) on them this year, they'll have the text-stuff about this being the 74th Salt Talks (well, more like 14 or something) and the other usual information.  There'll be a landracing.com logo on the back, and for the first time we've got a sponsor for one of the sleeves.  Some of the MM information might be on the other sleeve, too.

We commonly make about 15 medium, 30 large and 30 X-large, 15 2XL and 10 3XL.  We'll need sizes for the MM shirts, and if you've got a specific size request (that isn't even shown in the list I just printed) - let me know.

Later -- thunder and lightning on the horizon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
PM sent a while back with my info... Thanks
again to MM for the fundraiser and SSS for
keeping this great resource going strong!
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline Queeziryder

• Former funnybike racer now Salt crew
    • G&N Racing
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
Hi Jon,
Being the wrong side of the pond makes it a bit expensive for you to ship 1 Tee to me.

If you're going to the Bub meet there is a friend of mine I could ask to bring it back for me?

Cheers
Neil
Old enough to know better, but too interested in speed to care