Author Topic: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts  (Read 35071 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »
For those that don't know Nancy -- she's featured on the cover of the 2013 SpeedWeek Program.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline salt27

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »
For those that don't know Nancy -- she's featured on the cover of the 2013 SpeedWeek Program.

And the 2011 Speedweek poster. :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
Last call for Salt T-shirts to be delivered at SpeedWeek.  I've got orders from Fred, Bill, Thomas Graf, and Justin.  Those are from the PM list.  I have to go through the emails at the house to find more, but if you're not positive that I'll find your order -- let me know again.  We need to make the shirts tomorrow (Wednesday) so get word to me poste haste.  Salt Talks regular shirts are $20 each.

As for Dynothon shirts -- Gregg, Jorge, Ron, Graham, and Luke have got their orders in via PM.  Are there others -- or email orders?  Again -- lemme know.  These are available if you donated at least $40 to the Dynothon -- no extra charge.  We won't have many "extras" at Bville - so if you want one you've gotta get to me soon and pledge at least that $40.

Finally -- I'll add Salt Talks name badges here.  I've got some already set up in the 'puter, and also Frankie and Larry and Justin, and Freud, John, Phil, Dean, Richard, and Graham.  Anybody else want one?  $5/each.

Be in touch, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
Man it is killing me I cannot be at Speedweek this year. Better concentrate on my "bidniz."

Jon: I'll PM you a shipping address.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline fastroadster

• New folks
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »
Mark me down for two!!  One XL and one XXL. I would appreciate it. Will see you Thurs.
"Fear is temporary, Pride is forever" Semper Fi

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Are you bringing them all to Speedweek or just the orders?  I need probably 4 XLs, and a L or M. 

Are you bringing any old leftovers from previous years?  I think those will sell to first timers.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »
Okey-dokey, Mr. Stainless, SIR!  We've got your request marked down for 4 ea XL and one ea. L (unless you insist you want an "M").  We ordered and made way more L size than we did M.

We'll have all of the shirts at SpeedWeek and whatever is left will be also at WoS.

As for old (out of date) shirts -- sure, we'll have room to pack 'em in the trailer this year, but in the past we've had one heck of a time getting them sold once they're out of date.  I'll be willing to sell them at drastic discount -- trying to recapture some of the money invested in them in the years gone past.  You know -- the old idea of "A five in hand is more valuable than a twenty sitting in the box".  I'll announce that the shirts are available at said deep discounts -- would be nice to turn 'em into ten dollar bills.

Payment at the salt - whether Salt Talks or in town or wherever - is cash or check, no credit cards.  Paypal will work but you might have a difficult time getting to your Paypal account.

C U ona salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
I sent you a PM on the shirt count I wanted , it was a while back. I hope you got it. If not I'll have to remember the total count and sizes again and let you know.

I am now going to be there, so I need to know if I need to have someone pick them up there, or could you mail them to me?

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
Yup -- we got the message and today Nancy made all of 'em for you.  Did you typo when you say "I am NOW going to be there" -- meaning to have said "I am NOT going to be there"?  Either way -- We'll have the shirts with us at SpeedWeek and will be happy to have someone pick 'em up for you.  I'll PM you with further comments.  by the way  -- we'll be able to hold them 'til World of Speed if you'll be there, but you're welcome to them as soon as you want.  See your PM after I get home and put the pizza in the oven.

But -- your shirts are all done and separated and in a big box.

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:50 AM »
Jon,  I will take a bunch of the old 2xls if you have them---they make great parts chasing & shop shirts---most days I have salt talk ts on when I am in the shop.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

gkabbt

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
Jon, Got my Dynothon shirt in the mail today.
Thanks much,
Gregg

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 12:28:20 AM »
Good.  Geoff Green emailed about his (desired) shirt -- and now it's kinda too late, at least for a while.  We're in SLC tonight and headed for the salt by noontime tomorrow.  But when we get back to the world -- then we'll catch up on what orders there are awaiting us.

Nice weather for racing 90++ F and gentle breezes from the south.  I'll give you a real salt report soon after we hit the place on the morrow.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:48 PM »
I forget if I had a separate thread for the quilt raffle so I'll use this one for now.

We have a great example of a quilt made from old t-shirts.  It's here with us -- come take a look.  I'm showing it off because we're going to raffle off chances to win one of these made just for you - with your old shirts.  It's a fine way to use a dozen or 20 old shirts that are otherwise gathering moths in those totes you've got stashed in the shop, and it's something that a bunch of you have thought of doing but never wanted to spend the $250 - 400 that it costs to have one made.

I know a lady in Mora, NM, that makes quilts.  She made this one for us - asking not just for shirts, but what color is a favorite so the binding between shirts would be the right stuff (Nancy likes green, so she used a bunch of shades of green in our quilt).  The lady cut a few little "patches" out of some of the shirts and sprinkled them, stitched nicely in place, to add some more pizzazz.  There is stitching that follows the letters in lots of the words on the shirts (you've gotta look closely to see it, but it makes for a high-quality bed spread.  Come see).

So we're going to sell up to 75 tickets at $10 each to get a quilt.  For ten bucks one of youse guys can win a custom-made quilt.  Put your favorite shirt smack in the middle (I used a SSS shirt, my 2 Club shirt, ones with Nancy and with me on 'em, etc) and other shirts you like around 'em.  It's your choice to put whatever you want where you want it.

The tickets will be available at Salt Talks Sunday evening (about 5.30-6.00 starting time, at the parking lot of the new Bonneville Museum) and from Nancy or me at our pit before then.  Come get one ( or a couple of 'em if that's what you'd like to do) and not only support landracing.com, but also get a good chance (no worse than 1 out of 75) to get your own race t-shirt quilt.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com