Author Topic: 214 MPH Electric Motorcycle  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Uncle Jimbo

214 MPH Electric Motorcycle
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »
Brother Lou has done it again - Here is a teaser, he'll have more on this project later.
Enjoy -

KillaJoule is an electric streamliner sidecar. built by an amazing team of family and friends. This video shows 2 of the record runs at BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials 2012 on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Eva Hakansson is an electric motorcycle innovator Born in Sweden and grew up in a family of engineers, Eva and her father Sven, who is a champion racer, motorcycle designer, and over all genius engineer built Sweden’s first street legal electric motorcycle. “ElectroCat”

Eva has two degrees, one in ecological economics, and a second in environmental sciences and further studies in energy technologies.  She is now teamed with her husband, Bill Dube - owner and designer of the world’s quickest electric motorcycle “KillaCycle” 0-60 MPH in under a second!

Eva is passionate about electric racing. “It’s like chocolate without calories: it gives me everything I want – power, speed, torque, without the things I don’t want - pollutions”.

Just released on YouTube. http://youtu.be/4AqyFOBEh7A

Lou Fischer
630-802-6024
lou.fischer@comcast.net

BonnevilleStories.com

From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: 214 MPH Electric Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
How big are the speakers and amp to make a SOUND so it will be  legal!  :evil:  Will that drain limit the top speed?  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
Sparky, i guess you haven't been at the line when Eva leaves on a run.  If you were you could then hear her saying "Vroom, VROoom, VROOMMM!!!" louder and louder as she gets under way.  :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
so true---rotflmao   :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!