Author Topic: A-PBG-UNLIMITED build  (Read 39057 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: A-PBG-UNLIMITED build
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 06:17:33 AM »
Hoping that you cut the right wires ... I just finished troubleshooting a turbo single engine EFI harness problem and it is not something I recommend for peace of mind.

Joe

Offline 8pack

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Hoping that you cut the right wires ... I just finished troubleshooting a turbo single engine EFI harness problem and it is not something I recommend for peace of mind.

Joe

I spent a lot of time making sure everything was marked but anytime you have to join two harnesses. There is a chance for error. Needless to say I will not be sleeping very well at night till I get it started again.
Redline is a Goal. Not a limit.

Offline 8pack

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
It is official!! The left side is full and about 95% complete now :cheers: I still need to finish welding and painting the shifter linkage and find somebody to make me a 10 foot long brake hose. I am going to try to see if it will make any boost and make sure the 3 bar map is working by next weekend.

Offline DND

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 02:10:45 AM »
Hi 8 Pack

Wow you need a serious ' Roadmap ' to see where you have been and where you are going when working on that baby, what a bunch of stuff packed in between the 2 wheels.

Should be looking pretty good for not much wheel spin with all that weight even on the salt, do you have any idea of how much it weighs?

Neat job you have done.

Don

Offline 8pack

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 02:29:20 AM »
Don, I am not sure but I know it is getting pretty fat. I also know my motorcycle lift hates me. I am guessing it will be close to 1200#s

And your right. If I have to take it apart it's going to take a lot of post-it notes to get it back together...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:48:20 AM by 8pack »

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:25 AM »
That bike is amazing.   I don't know how you do it.  This highly complicated Triumph has kept me puzzled all weekend.  Something like that double Warrior is beyond comprehension.

Offline DND

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »
Hi Wobbly

With my years of crankshafts etc i always thought about how one could make power with out all those rotating parts, well it looks like you have figured it out with just a intake & exhaust system

Good Going !!!

Don

Offline 8pack

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:55 AM »
That bike is amazing.   I don't know how you do it.  This highly complicated Triumph has kept me puzzled all weekend.  Something like that double Warrior is beyond comprehension.

I think we should trade projects for the next 2 months :cheers:

I been busy working on my art project but I have not had very much free time to post. I have been building heat shields and working on my punch-list. The smell of burning chicken legs does not turn me no :-D My goal is to get it on the dyno next week Friday. It is unbelievable how time consuming everything is now that it is getting close to the end :?

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
Holy  :roll: :roll: :roll:Batman :-o  I'm tying to imagine the body work :|
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline racer

• Impound 2009. sweetest spot at Bonneville.
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
Helleva job....

Looking forward to seeing you on the salt......

Ride Fast and Safe.........
Ray C Wheeler

Offline 8pack

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
Holy  :roll: :roll: :roll:Batman :-o  I'm tying to imagine the body work :|

No body work this year.  The combination of running out of time and my wife reminding me that I destroyed my budget. We'll be runnin naked...

The good news is provided the machine shop finishes my part tomorrow. I should be ready for the dyno next week :cheers:

Offline 8pack

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
Not a very good video but more like a teaser for next Monday. "The joys of being my neighbor" is what I like to call the video :-D (it was fathers day so I did not think it would be very nice bouncing the engines off the rev limiter)

I am on the books for next Monday at the dyno:D I get back into the states in a couple days. I still need to close up some loose ends Friday and Saturday. Then spend most of Sunday trying to get the hanger queen out of the shop and onto my trailer. This should be interesting :-o

The biggest thing I need to address is my heat shield. It's better but still needs more. The none wrapped exhaust is 540*f, single wrap is just over 380*, triple 250* and my shield is 150-180*. I order 1/4" Armor Exhaust Heat Shield and I will cover both sides of the heat shield. Start it up and hope it gets down to a reasonable level.

On the good side... I should have better videos soon. I am ordering a gopro today :cheers:

Startup with 3bar map - YouTube

Offline 8pack

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »
Engine interconnect is reinstalled with bracing and the correct washers... I found that the washers that were tack welded to the nuts bottomed out on the spline. Doh!!!

Interconnect runout check (hd) - YouTube

Offline 8pack

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
I learned a couple things today...

1) My new heat shield material works awesome (only 91* after my little stunt)
2) It makes boost
3) My rear brake HATES me
4) and the rear brake will not hold 8 pounds of boost :evil: can't wait to see what 18 pounds looks like on the dyno Monday.

That is all in on the rear brake and I quit when it hit 550*f (ouch glad I don't need that)
Not to mention smoking myself out of the garage....
First running checking for boost - YouTube

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
Purrs like a kitten - - I can't wait to hear it roar! 
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!