Author Topic: Wilmington Picture Post  (Read 40604 times)

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Wilmington Picture Post
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
There was some talk about secret drone testing being done at Wilmington!  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

I posted a question on Facebook about the Heli. Noone responded and the ECTA person incharge must have deleted it.

Must have been a super secret spy operation! All knowledge of it has been disavowed but i've got the proof.....LOL!  :-D

Gregg

Ya thanks for getting me on the hit list.
check out NoRegretPerformance on FB.
200mph on a 100% stock 750 motor, pump e85 in the standing mile.

gkabbt

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2013, 02:16:55 PM »

Ya thanks for getting me on the hit list.

It seems you were at the right place at the wrong time. And you thought that being at the front of the line was a good thing!
I guess the Facebook spy will now have to disavow your existance!   :-D

Gregg

Offline Underdog

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
Just happened to remember this pic I took Saturday morning.
I was at the starting line right after runs started when I noticed this helicopter that I assume had a GoPro camera on it.
You can see it above the yellow bike in the red elipse.
I would like to know more about who was running it and see the video they got.
Anyone know anything about it? 

I know who and what team they were with!!! And they were from NC also.Don't know if they got much video of anyone but their car, what few times they got to run!!
Larry

Offline o1marc

• New folks
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
Great photos - thanks .  A quick question if I may.  In the pictures Woody sent of bikes & cars we couldn't help but notice bike 9698 - The class marking said M/PG -
Is a large fairing up front like on bike 9698 considered "partial streamlining" ?  As read on page79 7.F.11 "Streamlining is defined as any devices or objects forward of the rider that have the apparent effect of directing, limiting, or controlling airflow around the motorcycle or rider."
Should it maybe have been MPS/PG ?
Maybe Joe D. or Joe T. could get back to us on this.  Sorry Joe T. I know your busy  - that's why I thought of 55Chevy ?

Thanks
Jimbo

Bike 9698 did run in MPS/PG 1350/4 and set the record at 125.52. This is the class I will be running hopefully in July. I think the record is beatable with my bike.
Looks like a stock Buell, wonder what frame mods he had to qualify for Modified?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:45:59 PM by o1marc »

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »
All you have to do is take off the stock air cleaner and you will be in Modified.  The production rules require that the machine be full production appearance even the tail pipe size.

Offline o1marc

• New folks
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
All you have to do is take off the stock air cleaner and you will be in Modified.  The production rules require that the machine be full production appearance even the tail pipe size.

I may be going by an outdated rulebook from 2011. I'm told that is the same set of rules that ECTA goes by. If I'm wrong can some one direct me to the rules pertaining to Mod and Prod . The "M" & "P" designation is a designated frame class. In the Production rules it states:
7.E.1.4 Air Cleaner Element, Toolbox,and License Plate Bracket:
Air cleaner element and toolbox may be removed. The license Plate Bracket must remain.

According to that he would still be production if removing the air cleaner element.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
I said air cleaner ... not air cleaner element.

Offline RansomT

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
In Production 7.E.1. 3rd sentence : The motorcycle must appear identical in all respects to the production model it represents, including the intake air box and exhaust system.

Offline o1marc

• New folks
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »
I misunderstood the "frame" designation to mean the whole bike.

Offline runt13

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
the bike in question, would be modified partial streamlined pushrod gas or fuel [depending what's in the tank]

things that make it modified would be the rear chain, exhaust ect, once you modify the bike so it is no longer classes as a production / production, [frame / engine] the modified rules apply, including the partial streamlined rules.

I thought about just pulling the rear inner fender off my Buell to go after some modified records, but would then be classed partially streamlined unless I take the little OEM windscreen off.

its actually cut and dry.

any and all questions are answered

who would have guessed it would take so long to go so fast for such a short time?

2012 Wilmington mile
April meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record, 132.601mph

September meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record 139.915mph [bump]
p/pp-1650/4 record 142.364 mph
p/pp-2000/4 record 140.009 mph
p/pp-3000/4 record 144.511 mph

2013 Wilmington mile
July meet,
m/pg-1650/4 record 137.278
m/pg-2000/4 record 136.695

Sept meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record 141.1986 [bump]

2014  Wilmington mile
May meet
p/pp-1340/4 record 142.5855 [bump]

Offline o1marc

• New folks
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »
I was unaware until now that all the Buells were belt drive and that this conversion bumped him in to the "M" designation. His fairing automatically put him in "PS". Only one clarification on the Gas/fuel rule. You can't run Fuel in the Gas class but you don't have to run Fuel in the Fuel class. I plan on running my bike in the MPS/PG class and, if I can get the speed I want in that class, bump up to the fuel class on the same set up with gas and try and take that record.
 I have checked past records and see that the same bike was used for the Gas and Fuel class, yet in the fuel class they run slower. I assume they were tuned for gas and without retuning for fuel didn't make the same power.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:23:39 PM by o1marc »

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
I was unaware until now that all the Buells were belt drive and that this conversion bumped him in to the "M" designation. His fairing automatically put him in "PS". Only one clarification on the Gas/fuel rule. You can't run Fuel in the Gas class but you don't have to run Fuel in the Fuel class. I plan on running my bike in the MPS/PG class and, if I can get the speed I want in that class, bump up to the fuel class on the same set up with gas and try and take that record.
 I have checked past records and see that the same bike was used for the Gas and Fuel class, yet in the fuel class they run slower. I assume they were tuned for gas and without retuning for fuel didn't make the same power.

One thing that argravates me as I actually run fuel is that people run in the fuel class with gas. This is probably for the purpose of a record however i had to do substancial work to run ethanol and i can not just jump into a gas class. I wish this would be not be a excepted practice. So the answer is they more then likely were not actually running fuel and were going for a record.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
. . . and they might not actually be a 750, either.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »
. . . and they might not actually be a 750, either.
what are you trying to say. Before i read into it like running the class up