Author Topic: BMMP/C Ranger  (Read 17693 times)

Offline 93SVT5.0TT

• New folks
Re: BMMP/C Ranger
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
Hi Joe, I got the kit from Jeg's actually. It is designed for NHRA, and best I can tell from the rule book, a cage built to NHRA will pass for SCTA. But, yes, I am also checking and measuring again before each weld :) 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »
On you vaccum tubing route it thru five sleeve. It won't take much heat.Is the roll bar 1-5/8 .120, wall?  Double with the truck committee.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline tauruck

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 12:18:55 AM »
Thanks Mike! How's the other side of the world this time of year?
It's not hockey season, that's for sure. It's hot and we had our first thunderstorm last night. :-D
Your project is coming along nicely. When you fit the cage tie it into the cab where ever you can. (Ron Fournier, Metal Fabricator's Handbook).

Offline 93SVT5.0TT

• New folks
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »
Hey Glen,
Will do on the vacuum line, was planning to do that near the turbos anyhow.  :-) Roll cage is mainly 1 5/8" .134 wall. With the NHRA rules, the cage cannot be below 0.118 in any place and 0.120 wall usually doesn't make the thickness requirement in the bends, once typical manufacturing tolerance is included. So 0.134 is the best we can do. The less critical parts are from 1 1/4" 0.134 wall. Are there contact names/emails for the truck committee on the website somewhere?

Mike, good to hear you've heard of hockey haha jk  :cheers: should be only of the start of rainy season there I imagine...  :|
Good point on the tying into the body, especially since the body on these trucks are essentially 2 shells glued together  :-o

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
I've used some of the Jegs kit myself, but replaced the 1 1/4 pieces with 1 5/8 though out. You can get replacement 1 5/8 from Jegs pretty cheap. Phil

Offline tauruck

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »
Hey Glen,
Will do on the vacuum line, was planning to do that near the turbos anyhow.  :-) Roll cage is mainly 1 5/8" .134 wall. With the NHRA rules, the cage cannot be below 0.118 in any place and 0.120 wall usually doesn't make the thickness requirement in the bends, once typical manufacturing tolerance is included. So 0.134 is the best we can do. The less critical parts are from 1 1/4" 0.134 wall. Are there contact names/emails for the truck committee on the website somewhere?

Mike, good to hear you've heard of hockey haha jk  :cheers: should be only of the start of rainy season there I imagine...  :|
Good point on the tying into the body, especially since the body on these trucks are essentially 2 shells glued together  :-o

I'm a rare bird. I know what a Newfie is and who we call a Quebeqois.  :-D :-D :-D

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2013, 10:57:01 PM »
What Phil said. ALL CAGE TUBES must conform to the minimum requirements in the Rule Book....The only exceptions I am thinking would be for the seat back reinforcements, as discussed on some other Builds here. I`m not the Tech Chief though, so run all your stuff through the Committee Chair for your Class.... :wink: