Author Topic: Is there a class that a dwarf car would fit in.  (Read 9451 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Re: Is there a class that a dwarf car would fit in.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
I think running a dwarf car would be a blast.  Someone has been running a can-am (three wheeled reversed trike thing aka a "land-doo") as TO.  And if anyone has been to a board meeting in the last year they'd know that the SCTA is trying to boost participation so instead of saying "why?" why not say "sure, why not?"?

That car as pictured would run TO.  It doesn't meet the minimum wheel base requirements to run as a lakester.  If you covered two of the wheels for aero purposes it could be run as a streamliner but why'd you'd do that I dunno (maybe if you want to run for points??).  If you're looking to make passes down the course and have fun and don't really care about having a class to run in or setting records then by all means run TO.  You'll get a speed limit based on chassis construction, safety equipment, tires, etc. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Cut the roof off and run a new Roadster class.  They seem to be up for that to increase participation.  Of course, the newest class Roadsters could have run all along.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
Tough to build a safe pair of shoeboxs with a speed potential of close to 150 mph on a 73" wheelbase.

Even I wouldn't drive THAT.  :wink:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 1leg

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
After 50 years of experience the "Is there a class for ..." question soon turns into the "They need a class for ..." statement.

Just saying,

DW

NOPE DW, I do not want a class made to run a Dwarf car. I was only asking for what class would it fit best in. I was already thinking it would be a lakester, I'm just not an expert on the classes so i asked. FWIW i don't have a dwarf car, just have a friend that had one for sale and it got me thinking.
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:01 AM »
Run a tape on the WB before you jump.... check the rules to see if it meets minimum, 80 in for up to 1 liter, 90 up to 2. 
Good luck with the project... have fun
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »
Tough to build a safe pair of shoeboxs with a speed potential of close to 150 mph on a 73" wheelbase.

Even I wouldn't drive THAT.  :wink:

Isn't your Midget a whole whopping 80"?
  Sid.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
Isn't your Midget a whole whopping 80"?
  Sid.

Hey that 7 inches makes a big difference ( well thats what she said anyways LOL )