Author Topic: April Wilmington Almost Ready?  (Read 15331 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: April Wilmington Almost Ready?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »
Wish I was going to be there!

Good luck, everyone, and be safe! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline jperewitz

• New folks
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
Hi All
Well there's not much time left before the ECTA opening event in Wilmington.
 Is everybody ready? Our Lakester has once again undergone a few more changes with the hopes of gaining a bit more on the record. Biggest news this year will be the first attempt at running a replacement iron flathead V-8 block which is still under construction but it will be ready and running in April. So many decisions to make as to the tune up while trying to keep it safe but still make a bit of power for some speed. So as of today just 30 days left.
 Ronnieroadster
Ronnie, We are excited to get out to Ohio!! 264 is getting a new "seat" and then she will be ready to go!! C ya there!
Fastest woman on American V-Twin - 203.111mph on Bonneville Salt Flats

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 12:34:39 PM »
Eric, what are your power numbers now? To every one going -- may the sun shine upon you, may the wind be on your back and may every one arrive back home safe and sound. And oh yeah, go fast(er).

Offline RacerX9623

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »
Ken I am at 55 hp on Joe Heffernans dyno. I need 47 to go 125 mph so lets hope the creek don't rise. I will miss you in shut down.
trying to go 200 KPH with a 250cc four stroke.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Jon - Of course I knew it would take longer than expected but it's taking longerer!

Ken (and Leslie) - we're missing you!  I mean all of us.  Hope you can cruise out sometime.  I don't know how close I get to Archer Lodge on my route but you're welcome to hitch a ride any ol' time.

Leaving sometime tomorrow then overnight in Charleston, WV.  See y'all Friday afternoon.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
The Duc wasn't ready in time but the Ninja is loaded and i spy a 500cc Prod record that needs a bump!  See you all in a few!   :cheers:

Offline sabat

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »
I will load up the big-motor Altered Busa and head North tomorrow night, see you all Friday in tech.  :cheers: