Author Topic: APS/Ω Gas turbine bike build  (Read 932818 times)

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
Re: APS/Ω Gas turbine bike build
« Reply #1200 on: January 22, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
regarding the max-revs and the multiplier factor of 5 at the drive-sprocket................with studded tires on ice you may have constant traction............on the salt you may want to consider a small amount of wheel-spin.
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1201 on: January 23, 2016, 02:27:32 AM »
regarding the max-revs and the multiplier factor of 5 at the drive-sprocket................with studded tires on ice you may have constant traction............on the salt you may want to consider a small amount of wheel-spin.

That is something to have in mind, I have a GPS logger with me during the runs so I can see after each run if the gearbox revs follow the speed or if it starts to drift at high speeds on the sand/salt tracks.

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1202 on: January 27, 2016, 03:30:19 PM »
We got the new Mobacken logo from the design company today, a bunch of t-shirts and beanies will be printed and put up for sale at the Speed Weekend event. So act surprised when you start seeing beautiful ladies walking around wearing nothing but a silly smile and a Mobacken Racing t-shirt! :-)

Cheers!
/Anders

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1203 on: January 27, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »
"... beautiful ladies walking around wearing nothing but a silly smile and a Mobacken Racing t-shirt!"

Now that would be worth seeing! Send pictures  :cheers:

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:29:49 PM by manta22 »
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1204 on: January 27, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
Okay -- who's going to take up a collection and buy a shirt for Nancy to model as Anders suggests? :evil:

I'll take and post photos. . .

Great artwork, Anders.  I like it.  So will Nancy.  Medium, please, and you're welcome to hold on to it 'til delivery is cheap.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1205 on: January 27, 2016, 05:16:37 PM »
Okay -- who's going to take up a collection and buy a shirt for Nancy to model as Anders suggests? :evil:

I'll take and post photos. . .

Great artwork, Anders.  I like it.  So will Nancy.  Medium, please, and you're welcome to hold on to it 'til delivery is cheap.

I can´t take credit for the logo, a local design company (same one that makes the annual Speed Weekend on Ice logos) came up with it.

One Medium t-shirt it is, send me an email at anders.johansson@jamtkraft.se with size and shipping adress and I´ll get one posted as soon as I get them. For anyone else interested we charge 20 euros plus shipping for them, any profit goes straight into the race travel budget.

Cheers!
/Anders

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1206 on: January 27, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »
Pay your landracing.com "dues" with the T-Shirt.  The address is on the home site.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2016, 11:49:58 PM »
Pay your landracing.com "dues" with the T-Shirt.  The address is on the home site.

You need to explain that, I didn´t get it. :?

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #1208 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:02 AM »
I think Anders has paid his dues over and over again with this build diary. This is one of the most detailed, entertaining, and informative threads on this site.
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #1209 on: January 28, 2016, 01:22:58 AM »
I agree ^^ . Jon should be sending Anders free t-shirts.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1210 on: January 28, 2016, 06:20:52 AM »
If I could afford it I would be giving t-shirts away, there are dozens and dozens of people out there who have helped or supported us over the years and the least we could do would be to dress them up in Mobacken gear.

The problem is that every t-shirt we would give away sets our race budget back 15 euros, so any thoughts of racing abroad would have to be put on the shelf... :-(

Offline bbarn

« Reply #1211 on: January 28, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
If I could afford it I would be giving t-shirts away, there are dozens and dozens of people out there who have helped or supported us over the years and the least we could do would be to dress them up in Mobacken gear.

The problem is that every t-shirt we would give away sets our race budget back 15 euros, so any thoughts of racing abroad would have to be put on the shelf... :-(

If you are telling people that there is a chance you'd convert dollars of tee-shirt sales for tickets to B'ville you need to get a paypal account setup and prepare for people to start buying shirts. I know quite a few of us would love to see you run at the salt. I've been totally enthralled with your build and ingenuity and I know I am not alone.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1212 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »
You know, Anders -- they're all right.  I sure didn't want to take money out of YOUR pocket.  The folks here are all correct -- your build diary is valuable and I sure don't want to slow down your progress even to the total of a couple of dozen Euros.  Or Kroner.  Or dollars.

Hang onto the Medium shirt for Nancy -- let's see what I can do in raising enough $$ to justify you sending it so Nancy can model it for us all.

Just hoping to get a cheesecake photo of Nancy posted with some kinda land speed racing justification... :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1213 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »
You know, Anders -- they're all right.  I sure didn't want to take money out of YOUR pocket.  The folks here are all correct -- your build diary is valuable and I sure don't want to slow down your progress even to the total of a couple of dozen Euros.  Or Kroner.  Or dollars.

Hang onto the Medium shirt for Nancy -- let's see what I can do in raising enough $$ to justify you sending it so Nancy can model it for us all.

Just hoping to get a cheesecake photo of Nancy posted with some kinda land speed racing justification... :evil:

As far as I am concerned there are two guys that I would be very proud to have sent race t-shirts to, one is John Wallis who has been my Aussie friend and gas turbine mentor for the last 10 years.

The other one is the owner of Landracing.com who has flattered me with praise for my turbine bike until my ears turned red, so there is no way I want to get a single penny for the t-shirt I send you Jon. I´ll send one as soon as I get them from the print shop.  :-)

It didn´t really come out right what I wrote earlier, it sounded like I was on the edge of bankruptcy which I most certainly am not. Shoe string race budget, yes but no problems as long as I won´t have to build a new bike every other year.

Selling tons of t-shirts won´t even get me to Bonneville any sooner, I´ll plan the trip once I am confident that I have a fair chance at the class record. When that day comes money won´t be an issue, I´ll have a few years to save up since I want the new engine built and thoroughly tested first.

Cheers!
/Anders

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:31:54 PM by Mobacken Racing »

Offline Mobacken Racing

• Turbine junkie
    • Mobacken Racing
« Reply #1214 on: January 30, 2016, 06:25:35 AM »
Last night I made a pair of brackets for the dashboard, the plexiglass dash was a bit flimsy before (as Glen pointed out) but now it is very rigid. Pretend you don´t see the wiring, I blame the experimental state of the bike at present. :-)

Cheers!
/Anders
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:44:02 AM by Mobacken Racing »