Author Topic: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts  (Read 35150 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 03:58:45 PM »
Yah, well, dere you hab it.  The shirts will feature two bikes and a car and two sleeve logo/things as well as the landracing.com logo.  I've gotta get me hiney in gear to get 'em going, though.  I've got the three photos and the art for the logos -- gotta order the blank shirts.  Maybe I should ask you specifically -- and hope that others read this:

Has anybody got specific size needs other than the usual L, XL, 2XL, etc?  We normally don't do small shirts (as in for kids) nor have we made string top shirts for ladies.  It'll be harder than ever to do the string tops this year if we tried -- where would I put the sleeve logos?

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »
Jon:

I did a lot of marketing T-shirts for Toyota when I has over the motorsports for Southeast Toyota Distributors. It is always a tough call to get the fringe size count right. Me I go both ways... large or extra large! :)

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »
Has anybody got specific size needs other than the usual L, XL, 2XL, etc?  We normally don't do small shirts (as in for kids) nor have we made string top shirts for ladies.  It'll be harder than ever to do the string tops this year if we tried -- where would I put the sleeve logos?

On the other two apendages :-D

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 12:03:47 PM »
Well, Ron -- that might work, but how'd I know how much room I have with which to work?  I'd have to do a case-by-case study, obviously, sometimes using one or two fingers and sometimes using both hands and my feet, too.  Rough duty, especially if some of the ladies prefer that I not be the one doing the measuring. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »
Hey, hay, HAEY!  The art is done for the 2013 Salt Talks shirt.  As soon as I get the time I'll post the art for you all to enjoy and appreciate and drool over (wait a minute -- no, no nudies of Nancy this time).  Anyway, the shirt art is on the way, via the internet, to the place that makes the special heat transfer sheets for us, and by early next week we'll have the transfers here and start making shirts.  Woo-hoo, they'll be ready for SpeedWeek with time to spare.

And we're still thinking of having Salt Talks II at WoS, so if you're not going to be at SW - you'll have a further chance to get your 2013 Salt Talks shirt.  The shirt will be the same for both events.

Thanks to those of you that help support this site by participating in the auction and by buying shirts.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »
Is there enough of us little guys that wear MEDIUM sized shirts to convince you to add that to the list?   :?
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »
Nancy was talked into it by me, too.  We're planning on making a dozen mediums -- they arrived here in yesterday's UPS truck.  Mediums have traditionally sold poorly, but since I prefer them -- and now you want one (or maybe more :-D) - we've got 'em coming.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »
Reminder # 17 or so:  We're making the Salt Talks shirts even as I type.  We'll have something around 120 or them for sale at BOTH Salt Talks events, although (obviously) there won't be as good a selection at WoS Salt Talks.  We'll have them at our pit, too, but the SCTA rules don't allow selling anything but race team paraphernalia at the pit, so all you can do is look at 'em, maybe ask us to reserve one (or more) for you, and have us hand it to you off the salt.  I have no interest in trying to sneak around SCTA rules for the event, and if we sell 'em at the pit -- we intend to follow the rules and give SCTA their 17% (or whatever) cut of the revenue.  Since these shirts are sold as a fundraiser I'm loath to give up the percentage - so please don't make us do it.

Anyway, the shirts are being made.  I don't have a copy of the front art yet, but it includes a blue motorcycle, a yellow 'liner (it was a liner, wasn't it, Stainless?) and Johnnie Rouse's bike and crew.  One sleeve has the logo for Parkland Autosports (thank you, Bill Reilly/Wheelrdealer), and the other will have the MM/Dynothon notation (small, but still -- very special).  On the back there's the landracing.com logo and an "In Memoriam" note to help us remember Bill Warner each time we see or wear the shirt.

Also about Salt Talks:  I've still got time to make Salt Talks name badges for you.  They're 4" wide by 2" tall, have your preferred text (name, location, vehicle number, stuff like that - up to four lines) and also an outline of the mountains out at Bonneville.  They don't say Salt Talks -- so you can wear 'em anyplace that you want folks to know your name and that you're a Bville racer.  $5 each.  Get me the information you want on yours pronto -- I've got to make them next week, and what with packing and such -- I can't find lots of time right near our departure.

Also about Salt Talks:  Reminder number whatever it is that we'll have the usual raffle/drawing for donated items at the picnic.  Just yesterday a well-known salt flats historian called and offered some swag - old issues of magazines, posters, and so on.  Some of it will be raffled individually, some will probably be packaged with other stuff to reduce the sheer number of times I have to shout out the winning ticket number.  The raffle is a fundraiser for landracing.com - so buy lots of raffle tickets and help keep the site going.  We've also got one big gift item planned for each event (I think - still awaiting confirmation) - a gift that'll be worth hundreds of dollars.  Those tickets will sell for $10 each and there'll be a limited number of 'em available so your chances of winning will be way better than if you're only buying "regular" raffle tickets.

Deep enough for now.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »
PM sent
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
Jon thank you so much for putting something on the shirt about Bill!!
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 12:37:05 AM »
A well known Salt Flats Historian, eh? Donations, you say? Then I assume that would make me the Unknown Salt Flats Historian/Donator then..... :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
Ah, well, Kiwi Paul -- I sorta on purpose didn't specify that the word historian was a singular word, did I?  See you in a couple of weeks. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »
So do we ever get to see the art?  :x
How about at least sending a pic to the donators to see....

See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
I don't have the final version of the shirt available -- the transfer sheets won't be at Kudos for another day or two - - but we made up this one using an early draft/proof of the art and put it on a sleeveless shirt - just to get an idea of where we were.  The art is pretty close to the final.  One sleeve of the t-shirt will have a business logo on it and the back will have both the lr.com logo and a tribute to Bill Warner.  I've got the full-size art available online -- but the file size is just short of 8MB -- kinda big to cram into a 500kb slot.  You'll get to see it all soon, but at least now you've got an idea of what it'll look like.

Sure hope the transfer sheets get here soon.  One week from today we'll be motoring through North Dakota and much of Montana - so Nancy has 'til we leave home to make about 160 shirts.  We use a "clamshell" type heat press - grab the handle and pull forward and down, wait 55 seconds, lift and push the handle up  and then over to the left.  She's getting lots of upper body exercise and development which, as most of you know, she needs. :-D :-D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:03:50 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
I don't have the final version of the shirt available -- the transfer sheets won't be at Kudos for another day or two - - but we made up this one using an early draft/proof of the art and put it on a sleeveless shirt - just to get an idea of where we were.  The art is pretty close to the final.  One sleeve of the t-shirt will have a business logo on it and the back will have both the lr.com logo and a tribute to Bill Warner.  I've got the full-size art available online -- but the file size is just short of 8MB -- kinda big to cram into a 500kb slot.  You'll get to see it all soon, but at least now you've got an idea of what it'll look like.

Sure hope the transfer sheets get here soon.  One week from today we'll be motoring through North Dakota and much of Montana - so Nancy has 'til we leave home to make about 160 shirts.  We use a "clamshell" type heat press - grab the handle and pull forward and down, wait 55 seconds, lift and push the handle up  and then over to the left.  She's getting lots of upper body exercise and development which, as most of you know, she needs. :-D :-D

Right-- like Custer needed more Indians!  :roll:

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ