Author Topic: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts  (Read 35077 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
Well, well -- it's time to start thinking about whose vehicles will be on the shirt for this year.  We'll be having Salt Talks, the picnic, on 11 August.  Mark your racing calendars, please.  I haven't heard from Mike Crawford yet - but will assume that we'll hold the event at the new parking area across the street from his store - Carquest, at the east end of Wendover, Utah.  It was just dandy there last year -- and no problems with mud in case it rains.

To the shirts:  Landracing.com will put three or maybe four vehicles on the front of the shirt, and those vehicles will be chosen based on the total amount of $$ that's donated by those who care to "enter" the auction for the spots.  Nancy and I have done it this way for a couple of years, and for us it works just dandy.  If we do it this way we get enough to pay for the shirts and artwork in advance.  In the past we'd spend our kilobuck and more to get the shirts done -- and then hope that we'd sell enough to not only get our money back but also to make a profit for the website.  It almost never worked out.  In fact - when I get home tonight I'm goinng to post some information about old shirts that are for sale.  I've even got photos of 'em.

Don't start the bidding for the front of the 2013 shirt yet -- unless you're absolutely positive that you want to be on the shirt.  Tell me the amount you'll bid (when the time comes) by PM - so your buddies don't know how much you spent to get your photo on the shirt.  Ah, yes -- we'd really appreciate it if you'd nominate race vehicles instead of naked people.  Yeah, I understand -- but I'd rather not take a chance on diminishing sales because of a somewhat off-color appearing bit of art.

Thanks.  I'll get started soon -- and you folks start thinking about if yo're going to try to get on the shirt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »
Naked people  :? you must be referring to that historical picture of Freud... to those offended by a couple of cheeks... that is why they make Sharpies  :-D :-D color in a Speedo and then go drink the Kool-Aid  :|
 :cheers:  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
Great reply, Stainer.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
The bidding is open as of right now.  If you'd like to both help landracing.com continue to provide all of the stuff it down for you -- including the Forum and live audio streaming and a place to hang out with other racers -- and if you'd like to have YOUR vehicle (or any other, for that matter) on the 2013 Salt Talks t-shirt - all you've got to do is be on of the three or four high bidders for that opportunity.  Send your bids/offers to me via PM (assuming you don't want others to see your $$ amount) and I'll keep track of 'em.  It'll take a week or so for enough folks to show interest and send me bids, and then I'll tell you who were the winners of the prized location on the shirts.  We print the photos on the front of the shirts -- not the back like some lame-o places do.  We put 'em where others can see them while talking to you, not after you've walked on past.

The shirts are high-quality polyester - so we can put full-color photographs on them.  No silk screening for us -- it's too limiting and too lacking in colors.  I'll have you send your chosen photo to me and Nancy and I will make the shirts for all of us.  They'll be available at SpeedWeek - and at Salt Talks 2013 on Sunday, 11 August, too.

Let the mad rush begin! :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
Well -- so far the t-shirt auction has gone over like a fart in church.  Do any of you want Salt Talks 2013 t-shirts?  

Part of the raison d'ete for the shirts is to commemorate the event, and part of it is to generate some revenue for the website.  And, in the latter subject -- we've always had a bunch of leftovers -- to the point that the "profit" is still sitting on the shelves in our basement, not residing in the drawers of your spare bedroom.

To counter that unfortunate situation we turned to auctioning off spots on the shirt.  That's worked well up to now, with three or even four of youse guys sending in enough money, in advance, to make sure that we'll at least come out of the shirt debacle ahead of the game.  And that's why I'm hoping that this reminder will cause a few of you (at least a few) to get busy and figure out ho much you feel will make a winning bid for space on the shirt.  That way, of course, lots of folks will end up with a picture of your car or bike on their shirt(s).  Please do what you can.  

Let me know your bid for the space - and I'll let you know where the bidding is now and then (and if you ask when you're sending me a bid).

See you on the salt.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:41:49 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Well, Okay!  That's better.  I've got two bids now, so I guess the shirts will not be forgone this season after all.  There's plenty of room left for one - maybe two more on the shirt.  I'm at the store and don't have all of the photos here with me to remind you of what the '12 shirts looked like, but tonight (assuming I get home in time) I'll try to remember to post one or to.

The photos on the shirts will be just that -- full-color photos, not just an artist's rendering of your vehicle which is then silk screened onto the fabric.  Therefore -- when you send a photo for us to use we'd like the best one you've got -- good focus, good color, nice contrast - all of that stuff.  Remember GI, GO!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »
Did you do the shirts last year?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
Well, umh, ahh, talk about a loaded question. . .  Yes, we did.  What's it to you, big boy?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »
What you afraid I will withdraw my bid? :evil: :roll: Just curious you did a fine job!! :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
What's the latest?

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
Good question.  I've been busy making all of 250 medals for a track meet and such things as them -- so haven't reported for a day or two.  The status right now is that there are three bids, and the total amount offered for being on the t-shirt is enough that we can do without further bids.  I will give it one more day, but that'll be it -- so I can tell the "winners" to get cracking on finding and sending some really good photos to Nancy (she's the artistic one in this club) so she can fashion them into the art for the shirt.

Thanks to those that have already stood up and offered some $$ to the site (via being on the shirt for 2013), and to those that were thinking about it -- well, you'll need to beat $200 to make it into the top three.  Thanks again, ladies and gentlemen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
SSS, maybe you need to post the pic of last years shirt...
Did you get my Bid?  

Y'all sure you want me to have a spot on the shirt again?  Come on guys, you might want to outbid me.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
Stainless, when are we doing the new foto shirt shot?

Will it show my new tat?

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »
Freud --

How 'bout submitting that great photo to Jon you took last year of Land Mass?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
Freud --

How 'bout submitting that great photo to Jon you took last year of Land Mass?

Stan

Sounds like a bad idea :-o
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20