Author Topic: Anyone roll through Minneapolis on their way to Wendover...  (Read 1601 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Anyone roll through Minneapolis on their way to Wendover...
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »
... that might have room for a motorcycle?  Just thinkin'.  Ain't nuthin for sure.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Anyone roll through Minneapolis on their way to Wendover...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
Wel, sorta, maybe, no, but possibly.

Our normal route is to drive straight across the northern part of Minnesota and miss the Cities, taking 94 and 90 out to Bozeman.  But we have gone to Duluth and turned south on I-35 through the cities to Des Moines where we head west on I-80.  We prefer the 90-94 route -- far less traffic -- but if you were to make the right offer we'd think about helping out. 

We will for certain have room for a bike.  We don't plan on racing this year and won't have a scooter with us unless we take a street bike or something.  our trailer can hold four bikes.

So -- whatcha got in mind?  Wanna chat by PM or email?  Lemme know.  We don't plan to leave for SpeedWeek for another few months, you know. . . :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Hey Slim, I've got my eye on a Yamaha XS650 that's near Minneapolis.  Our outside sales rep lives in Minneapolis and he's willing to pick it up and hold it for me.  I'd just need a way for it to get to Wendover. 

This whole XS650 deal is hopeful thinking.  I really need... eh want a second bike.  I can either replace the motor in my original Buell or I can buy another bike.  I've grown found of the XS's lately but it seems that everyone else has too.  I can probably put another motor in my Buell for less than an XS would cost but if the price is right I'd go for another bike.

The XS is on eBay and it's already getting close to more than I'd like to spend.  We'll see what happens.  Thanks!
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »
A while of years ago I bought one of the Yamaha vertical twins (I forget which of the 650 series it was) and enjoyed riding it for the fine sound of the vertical twin.  It took me back to the first motorcycle on which I ever rode (as a passenger) on Bobby Dixon's dad's Triumph Bonneville.  Wow, nothin' out there sounds like a vert. twin.  Maybe I'll take an eBay excursion and look for it.

So - lemme know if you'll need a ride back to out west with the bike.  There'd be room for it, for sure -- especially if you pick it up from our trailer ASAP after we arrive.  We need the empty room in the trailer for other stuff during SpeedWeek.  I presume you'll arrive in town on Wednesday so you can inspect on Thursday.  Lemme know. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com