Author Topic: Rod Rider Banquet this weekend  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Rod Rider Banquet this weekend
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
Tony Huntimer sent me a poster for the Rod Rider banquet this coming Saturday -- but when i went to post it it didn't want to go here and wouldn't go to Photobucket or anything.  So -- well, it's got nice artwork and all, but the precis is:

It's going to be at Ferguson's Race Shop this Saturday, the 16nd of March 2013, from 10 - 3.  There'll be cold liquids (I'm reading from the poster), dinner, dessert, raffle prizes, bench racing, vintage race vehicles, bench racing, a cacklefest, bench racing, and even a car show.

Ferguson's Race Shop is at 1344 Coil Avenue in Wilmington, California (not Wilmington, Ohio).  Fifteen bucks for guests and non-current members.  Registration date cutoff is a week and a half ago.  For more information call Chick Huntimer - - 909-213-0680.  If you really, really want to show your car -- even though registration is past -- contact Mr. D3 (a/k/a) Don Ferguson III  310-462-2962.

Sorry this isn't sooner --  I just got it a day or three ago.

Enjoy the party.  There'll be bench racing there, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rod Rider Banquet this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
GG is next weekend!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
I just got this in the mail.

Attention Sidewinder members

Due to lack of participation

2013 Sidewinder Banquet Cancelled

at the NHRA Museum March 16th, 2013.

The Banquet will now be held at a scheduled club meeting on Tuesday March 19th @7:30 PM.

Tom G. 
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »
Sad,

Sidewinders were "the Club" to join. Charter club of the SCTA in 1937, many many season championships. Several of the original lakes racers were members. I am sorry I had to leave the roster after approx. 31 years but the lack of racing members rubbed me wrong.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth