Author Topic: Are these legal bikes  (Read 23232 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
HISTORY IS THE BEST TEACHER
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 07:31:15 PM »
It was that way in the bike program prior to the rise of Dail Martim.
The people responsible for tech on bikes felt it was their responsibility to the entrant to have the same understanding of all the features of the vehicle.
Ask a record holder from prior to the current administration and see what they have to say.

"Was it a design that fail;ed or did it fail by design ?"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

blastertech70

Are these legal bikes
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
JackD - In regards to your "Duke" question about being tough. I think it goes like this... " life is tough but it is tougher when your stupid"

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
YUP
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »
Quote from: blastertech70
JackD - In regards to your "Duke" question about being tough. I think it goes like this... " life is tough but it is tougher when your stupid"

This whole thing does not have to be so tough.
 Make it easier to understand, don't fix it if it ain't broke, and the speed/credibility will reward the participant with plenty of fun. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

landracing

Are these legal bikes
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »
Whats even funnier, is the first two bikes shown at the beginning of this thread are still allowed and did run last meet with same configuration???

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
FUNNY ?
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »
Quote from: landracing
Whats even funnier, is the first two bikes shown at the beginning of this thread are still allowed and did run last meet with same configuration???

Jon

Funny as in ODD, with Stupid really near by. :wink:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Are these legal bikes
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2006, 11:18:27 PM »
Quote from: landracing

Jon

One of the bikes I saw run at the last meet was again in violation...

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Are these legal bikes
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 11:55:02 PM »
I'll ask this question again.  If they are illegal why are they being allowed to run?  Is it ignorance on the part of the SCTA?  Is it the "good buddy" system?  What?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

landracing

Are these legal bikes
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2006, 12:40:45 AM »
I dont know for sure, But if someone doesn't protest them officially then maybe they wont do anything.... But pictures on their official website show them running illegal should be enough visiual evidence to do something.  I will do some emailing on the subject and find out with the Motorcycle guys.

Jon

Super Kaz

Are these legal bikes
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
Quote from: bak189
OK.Ok. Dan said quit "bitching" and
get involved........I am running for M/C Rules Committee member for
SCTA/BNI
Here is my resume:  70 years old, been involved with motorcycles for the past 55 years.  BNI Member for 27 years,raced dirt track, MX, Roiad Raced solo's and sidecars in the U.S. and Europe,  AMA Charter Member,  AMA sidecar coordinator in the 1970's, wrote the first BNI sidecar rules (the rules have since been bastardized without my help)
rewrote the AMA sidecar rules for 2006 (allow passengers) AMA Hall of Fame selection committee member.
build all my own stuff (frames enc.) strong supporter of the all M/C BUB event......Independently wealthy (Harley Davison, S&S, Joe Rocker Leathers....stock) Good looking,  SOMEWHAT even temperament
......I will be expecting a call from M/C Rules Chairman... my phone number is on file at SCTA/BNI.

P.S.  Oh, yes I have never heard of Jack Dolan

Heck you get my Vote :wink: !

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
VOTE
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
KAZ
You have voted in the best way you can and I hope more in the future if we are to have one.
I hope your interest won't go unrewarded.
Jack

OBW: Do you know Ed Malkowitz from Vegas?
If You do, tell him I said he is to old to drag race and should go to Bonneville.

bak189

Are these legal bikes
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 06:13:55 PM »
Hey Kaz......I am still waiting for that call from
SCTA/BNI.....at this rate I will have to have the Rules Committee Meetings at my new home called "assisted living"

Super Kaz

Re: Are these legal bikes
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2006, 08:18:22 PM »
SCTA/BNI.....at this rate I will have to have the Rules Committee Meetings at my new home called "assisted living"

Heck I'm still tryin to get in a Club"Since Early Last Year" so I race at El Mirage :oops:! Nobody seem's to want me and My V-rod because I won't score any Point's :cry::??

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Are these legal bikes
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »

Bob is still young enough to be subject to the "DRAFT".
Dress warm.