Author Topic: Phoenix NASCAR Race  (Read 1885 times)

Offline jimmy six

Phoenix NASCAR Race
« on: March 03, 2013, 07:23:10 PM »
I know this fits the this spot at the site. and I just can't help myself because he is a fellow San Diego Roadster Club member but I sure hope "John N" was not hurt when he tried to do a back flip off of the Subway car in the commercial with Carl Edwards.

I'm not an Edwards fan but I like Subway and Fords/Roush so I guess it's OK. I hope he didn't jinx himself by saying "we are back"

John, do you have a twin brother:?.......................

PS: Go Junior and Tony
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Phoenix NASCAR Race
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
Okay, J.D. -- how can you tell us about the backflip without sharing a link to a video of it?  We'd like to see the gymnastics display. :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »
I have no idea how to show a Subway commercial they showed a dozen times during the telecast of the race...I hoped others here just saw it and thought the same thing I did......if I find it I'll post it . . J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
I couldn't find a link to the video. I don't know who the guy in the commercial really is, but he does look like Noonan.

He attempts to do an Edwards style backflip from Edwards car and lands flat on his back . . . Just like Noonan would have!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
No Carl Edwards back flip at at California but what a race. It's one of the best Sprint cup races I've seen. The F1 guys think a breach of "Team Rules" is a big bad thing. The last punch up in F1 was in the early 80s. You have to love NASCAR.