Author Topic: 2013 SCTA Handbook  (Read 23011 times)

Offline dw230

Re: 2013 SCTA Handbook
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
This just came in afew minutes ago from Pam:

"Update on the website. I have started the progression of the entire website over to a Linux server. There will be some down time for the website, and hoping for minimal problems."

DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 12:50:39 PM »
Found today my 2013 Rule Book in the mail box.....

first check....and yeah.....under I/GL.....there it was Black on White....and the smile is back to the original size......wwwwoooooowwwwww
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Now it is official, Pork Pie! Congratulations  :cheers:
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »
Found today my 2013 Rule Book in the mail box.....

first check....and yeah.....under I/GL.....there it was Black on White....and the smile is back to the original size......wwwwoooooowwwwww

I laughed out loud when I read that. Congratulations again Pork Pie!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »
He's been looking like Wayno's avatar since August....
Maybe by the first of next week he will be posting that smile with the picture of his trophies.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
I was at Speed Week to help Pork Pie celebrate when he broke his first LSR record, yet short of that big red hat.

Then at WoS he broke 200 mph and earned THE Red Hat. I wasn't there for that one, but I can image it went like this. Pork Pie qualified for the 200 mph record and Stainless said we can CELEBRATE, but just a little. The next day the return run got him the 200+ record and they CELEBRATED more, but had their fingers crossed to pass inspection in impound. They passed and CELEBRATED louder. You know Pork Pie then CELEBRATED with family and friends when he went back home to Germany. Next, Stainless forwarded the trophy to Germany and Pork Pie CELEBRATED in gold. Then today, he opens his 2013 SCTA Handbook and bee lines to one record in black and white. CELEBRATION again. I can envision the stories he can tell when he wears that red hat in public, another form of a proud CELEBRATION. I see it as an amalgamation celebration, one which just keeps on giving. 

I hope someday that when I get my new SCTA Handbook in the mail, I too will be so thrilled.

Congratulations again Pork Pie.

Bill

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »
Feierabend  :cheers:
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »
Two adjustments  . . .

I think it was World Finals, not WOS.

And it's actually (I believe) a Rule Book.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »
Not to mention it didn't go quite that smoothly Bill... first backup run the shifter didn't shift.... so we got to do it all over again..... high winds and rough course almost killed the second backup run... no celebrating until the record was complete...  impound was the easy part, motor still sealed from being measured at Speedweek.  Dan checked the seals on motor and fuel and with any luck the rest will remain history until somebody goes faster.
I don't know Stan, it says rules and records dry lake speed trials....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »
By golly -- you're right.  Nothing unusual there.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »
At World of Speed, Pork Pie was still talking to me and correcting my crappy German.  At the finals, it was, what low life dares to speak to the man in the red hat.   :-)

Steve   
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 06:40:47 AM »
At World of Speed, Pork Pie was still talking to me and correcting my crappy German.  At the finals, it was, what low life dares to speak to the man in the red hat.   :-)

Steve   

Steve,

you like to say that we was lucky that we found two ten inch long nails in Ray the Rats Burb which helps to keep me on the ground.....getting your first record is something....joining the 200 MPH Club is like
a L... trip (something which was popular in the 60's and 70's).... :wink:

...and there was so much people who tried to talk with me in German...and I understand not one word..... :-D :-o
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 07:50:48 PM »
I've got a couple of spikes they use to tie the elephants down at the circus Thomas, when you get the Blue Hat we will use them to keep you on the ground.

If I ever get the old Bad Banana over 200 with the OEM heads, I will be experiencing one of those trips you were refering to.  We call it playing Black Sabath at 78 and seeing God.   :-D

Steve
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
Steve,

if you mean with this Spikes what we call in Germany elephant nails.....I'm not sure if they are legal at the salt  :roll:....damaging of the enviroment  :-D....here called SALT....our holy ground.

maybe you have to borrow some lead by the roadster cpmmunity....they always got tons of this stuff in the "luggage".... :-D

For your own attempt to go over to 200...I wish you all the best luck and crossing the fingers....so as I do for all our racers at the salt...have a safe and successful try...

Pork Pie

Ps: after the celebration of the Red Hat I had the bad luck that I had to go back to work.....making picture....with all my driving during Speedweek and World Finals I was far behind
my normal numbers of shots...so I had only 13 500 picture after the 2012 season...900 of this was from a 90 minutes shooting of the Target 550 streamliner from Marlo...which was a real fun time.... :-)
Pork Pie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
One copy of the rulebook arrived in today's mail.  It's the one sent to advertisers (according to the enclosed thank you note from Bill Lattin).  The books for us as members haven't shown up yet.

Just reporting -- keep the faith, ladies and gentlemen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com