Author Topic: 2013 SCTA Handbook  (Read 23026 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Re: 2013 SCTA Handbook
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »
I dig the sun burst cover.  Very Les Paul-ish.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
SCTA club members get theirs thru their clubs.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
I don't have my 2013 rulebook yet and I'm wondering if the records listing is missing something like the on-line version of the records.  I just went to SCTA-BNI.org to see the speeds and who set 'em -- and the list for motorcycles doesn't show the engine size when scrolling down the page.  I' tried to remember who set which and at what speed - so I could guess I was in the right spot.  But that didn't work because once I got to about the 1000 class - the list ended.  On the next page there are tabs for the 1350 and up classes -- but when I clicked there I only got 1650 and up, and again without displacements.

Is it my computer that's keeping secrets - or do I have to wait another day or three for the Rulebook to find out the answers to my question?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 12:27:45 AM »
Jon,

Its rufff! always being to the last when your a "W" ehhh?  I know the feeling.  But I was thinking what the chances of a section for computor 101 happening on your web site?

How to post picture, how to quote properly, if this exsists where do I find it, simple little things.  How to get back to the Texas holdem game you were playing just before making a stupid post on the LSR site.  :roll:   
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
Steve, one of the things you did NOT ask for - is where would such a list of "how-to" instructions be posted?  The software isn't set up, by any means, to recognise when the poster-person is trying to do something and immediately offer help (like Word does when you start to write a document and Mr. Clippy pops up).

Most of the time folks have either figured it out - or asked for help.  Sometimes that help doesn't do much good, though -- since, for instance, I do not know how to "quote properly". :roll:  I've been told how to do it once or three times - at least.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
Steve, one of the things you did NOT ask for - is where would such a list of "how-to" instructions be posted?  The software isn't set up, by any means, to recognise when the poster-person is trying to do something and immediately offer help (like Word does when you start to write a document and Mr. Clippy pops up).

Most of the time folks have either figured it out - or asked for help.  Sometimes that help doesn't do much good, though -- since, for instance, I do not know how to "quote properly". :roll:  I've been told how to do it once or three times - at least.

It's simple. Just click on "Quote" above the text block on the right hand side. If you don't want the complete quote delete what you don't want between "]" and "[". What remains will appear in the blue box in your new posting. Enter any comments about the post either before "[" or after "]" and the comments will appear outside the quote and be easy to see.

Pete
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:24:52 AM by Peter Jack »

Offline dw230

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
Jon and all,

I just went over to the SCTA-BNI web and saw what Jon referred to regards motorcycle records.

I'll see what I can do. If anyone finds a site problem let me know and maybe we can fix it before you log a complaint that the SCTA-BNI is not doing their job.

We are all in this together,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »
Did some checking with our(your and mine) web team and came up with this temporary answer:

"Yesterday, about the same time the Chinese did a cyber-attack on the South Korean banks and TV stations, the SCTA Website went crazy.  Somehow the permissions on the pages got all screwed up and most of the links did not work. When I found it, I called Pam, who was already on the phone with Go Daddy discussing the issue. It was so bad that even their technicians could not fix it and they sent it to the web Administrators. It was a Go Daddy issue, unless the Chinese wanted a taste of American Land Speed Racing….  She has already reposted some of the pages they could not recover and we were expecting more to be found.  Please check all the links when you get a chance and report any issues so that she can repost the pages.

My only bit of advice is this, stay off LR and your wine bill will be much lower…"

This from fellow White Goose Bar team mate Mike Manghelli. Mike is very close to the web master, the same bedroom in fact, and knows the down low.

Plan B still in effect,

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 01:02:21 AM »
Dan, the same happened on the HAMB and other sites I frequent. Thanks for checking

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 01:30:06 AM »
There you go, another communist plot to destroy the morals of our american youth.  :evil:

Steve 
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »
   If the "Commies" are out to destroy American youth, the Landracing site is the last place to look. :evil:
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »
fixed  :-D

There you go, another communist plot to destroy the morals of our retired americans.  :evil:
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline JimL

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 02:39:02 AM »
No change on the 50-1350 class motorcycles.  This is same as its been for over a month...I gave up trying so....it might be longer than that.  The 1650 and up work fine (as they did all along), just the smaller classes wont complete for viewing.

Once in a while it will work.  I know I got in one time in February when showing a friend the list, but it took a few tries....that would have been early in the month, if it helps to know.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »
Jim, I just tried it... the first time it seemed to load them all on 1 page, stayed spinning and would not respond to tab selections... I hit the back button and tried it again and then the tabs all worked correctly.... go figure
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline dw230

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Looking at my mail this morning after a weekend at the Hot Rod show in Pomona. There were a few emails from Mike Manghelli explaining that there are still broken files, links, etc on the Go Daddy servers. Work in progress.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth