Author Topic: Black Salt Racing.  (Read 6549 times)

Offline tauruck

Black Salt Racing.
« on: February 16, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »
Guys, I don't think I've had a good night's sleep in months. In fact I sometimes go for three days without sleep. This LSR deal is a nightmare of note. it's the whole thing about turbos, motor components, gear ratios and power to weight. I found a video today of Keith Copeland doing 380mph on Youtube so no biggie I check it out thinking it's a streamliner. I was obviously wrong when I saw the car so after the shock had worn off I started looking for specs. The liitle I did find said the motor was a 360C.I. V8 Chevy running twin turbos. Obviously this is a mega buck operation but what kind of power does it take to do that speed with a small block?. If anyone has more info than I found could you please share it. Thanks.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Black Salt Racing.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
You found their website, right?  http://www.blacksaltracing.com/ Pretty good pictures of the front-wheel-drive/transaxle.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »
Mike. I saw their pics and emailed the lady Donna (who seems to be liason), I think her name was to ask what HP they had :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Nada, Zip, zero, nothing. :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »
As usual. I put my foot in my mouth but luckily it's not a size 14. BSR wrote back and Donna said Keith would be in touch with info. Sorry guys. :oops:

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:30 AM »
   At World Finals last year we were pitted a short ways from BSR and after we blew an intercooler hose and couldn't get it back together we had time and walked over to their pit. They took the time to talk to us and explain their car systems and were very friendly. Then they went out and ripped that 385 run and we were floored. Very unassuming people and open.
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline tauruck

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:30:59 AM »
Nice to hear. That's how it's supposed to be. Is that nose made from steel?. I read somewhere it was.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
   The only picture of that part of the car that I took it appears to be glass, but it's not of the front clip so it's in the background. None of my shots show any attempt to save weight as everything is pretty massive as you would expect.
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]