Author Topic: Rons Hobby Shop Special Hot Rod Mag  (Read 2400 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Rons Hobby Shop Special Hot Rod Mag
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »
Hot Rod Mag is at it again in the April issue The Roddin at Random Scene by Readers has a picture of my Lakester on the line at Wilmington letting everyone know about the April Top Speed Challenge. Hot Rod's support of ECTA is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all involved.
  Ronnieroadster :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline gray63

Re: Rons Hobby Shop Special Hot Rod Mag
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:06:39 PM »
I saw your car in the latest issue of Hot Rod.
It was a great representative photo of the event.
I will see you in April
Dave
56 Corvette

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
I saw it, too.  I'll mention here that -- no slam towards HR magazine intended -- Nancy got me a new subscription to HR for Christmas.  She ordered it late last fall -- soon as we heard about the fancy anniversary edition coming out.  I got the fancy one for Christmas -- and the first issue arrived last weekend -- Feb. 8th.  It's the April issue.

Yes, we had even chased down through customer service to see if things got farkled -- but no, it just takes that long to get moving in the magazine industry, I guess - and report.  I will say that the order was placed online and through a third-party service, so that probably extended the time, too.

But eventually I did get the magazine.  My old subscription had lapsed - that's why she bought the new one for me.  Which, finally -- she ordered in the fall and I got the April issue in the beginning of February and the label says the sub. ends in March '14.

Over to you, and corngrats on having your car in the magazine.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SaltRat

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
Nice photo!  It DOES represent the sport well.

Jon, had the same experience w/ HRM.  Living here in EIEIO, I should know better . . . .

sign me,
The biggest dawg laying on the front porch.
SaltRat
When (if?) this baby hits 88mph, you'll see some serious poo.

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
Slim could you explain the April, fall, Feb. thing one more time?
I think I have been reading HotRod Magazine since I was ten years old and bought it in the back of the drugstore/soda shop each month for $.25 cents but I just renewed my subscription for two more years at $8.00 per year they have been good about holding their prices down. I saw your lakester at the line in HotRod it was a great shot, it made me anxious for April to get here looking down the track from the line. One of the most pleasant surprises I've ever had was when the July magazine arrived and I was just thumbing through it and saw the coverage of last Aprils event and spotted my name in the first sentence and then the last paragraph on the opposite page Keith was telling David Freiburger about my having been in a wheelchair for two years never to have gotten out. I had emails, messages and phone calls from friends on this and three other forums That I am active in.
By the way in kind of a coincidence I bought a limited copy of the HotROD Anniversary Issue with a full page  on the heavy glossey paper of every magazine cover since day one at a news stand this afternoon. It's amazing the changes and cycles the hotrod hobby/habit has gone through over the years.
garrell patterson