(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

This is a public forum. The opinions expressed here don't
necessarily reflect the feelings of The Folks That Run The Site (that's us)
unless we explicitly say so, ok?

Forum's been "upgraded".
Things will look a bit different.
A *few* posts might have gotten lost in the crossover.
PM bobc with problems, or post in "Website Suggestions".

Author Topic: Honey Badger.  (Read 6060 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Honey Badger.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »
Mike, I know nothing about Harleys except that they are asymetrical.  That is why I made the post, it is something to consider.  The folks that are responding know a lot more about them than me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
It's all good Bo. I've built a few frames and they run straight. Hard but straight :-D The rigid theme never really caught on here. I'm going to put in some serious hours on this one tomorrow. I was having trouble with my mig torch. It fed then stopped and it went on for quite a while so I decided to get a new torch. I'm used to the handle on the one I have but the new one never felt quite right so I never mounted it. I opened the torch one and found lint in the trigger contact. After I cleaned it it was fine, better than ever. I'm putting in the double backbone and the neck tomorrow. I used to use hole saws to fishmouth tubing but now I use a marker and employ the plasma cutter. Once it's a "closish" fit I use the belt sander to finish. I had a 38mm roller made for it so it cleans the slag off beatifully. I had lots of these necks machined in 07 so I haven't got a problem with inventory. Bearing cups are in the freezer tonight. It helps slightly when pressing them in.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »
The forks are a bit different.  I usually warm the neck and freeze the bearing races.   I use aluminum cups that I machined to catch the lip on the races.  Hole thru the middle and 3/4" all - thread rod with a 1" nut top and bottom and ratchet them together.

Joe

Offline tauruck

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 06:20:14 AM »
Yup, I also have an installation tool of sorts. Two thick bushings with a step, threaded bar and an air wrench. The cups go in easy. Lots of guys tap them in using a hammer and socket. I'm just busy on a custon truck that needs to be out of here by 3 and then I can get into the interesting stuff. Never fear, I'll be bugging you guys for info in the very near future. Thanks man.