Author Topic: Wanted: Track rental on West Coast for testing only.  (Read 1713 times)

Offline desotoman

Wanted: Track rental on West Coast for testing only.
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
Does anyone know of a place on the West Coast that has a 2 to 3 mile stretch of pavement, that could be rented for testing a LSR vehicle? Or any suggestions on where to look or someone to contact?

Thanks for any help, 

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline geh458

Re: Wanted: Track rental on West Coast for testing only.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Tom,

It's not the distance you're looking for, but the Camarillo Airport has a 3/4 to 1 mile section of inactive runway (if memory serves) at the east end.  They hold several different types of car related activities there throughout the year, not sure who you could contact however.  You might be able to talk them into a longer stretch of asphalt, on a slow day, or the price is right.

Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline desotoman

Re: Wanted: Track rental on West Coast for testing only.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »
Gifford,

Thanks for the reply. Even though it does not sound like what I am looking for, I will check it out and see just what if anything is available at Camarillo Airport.

Again thanks for the reply,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.