Author Topic: Need some info! Bike aero...  (Read 9081 times)

Offline r1kurt

• New folks
Re: Need some info! Bike aero...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
Joe you are a member of the R1 forum correct ?  Your bike looks familiar. What event are you planning to attend ? I would love to know what speed you do, as I hope to run either my 2006 or 2012 R1 at Ohio Mile in June,July or Sept. Gearing used could also be a great benefit as well. Good Luck and go fast !

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
Yes i'm a mender on R1-forum...i will try to go at the Loring event if i can get time off!...i have done 186 on stock form and gearing on GPS with some tire spin and in the rev limiter so yes probably good gearing will help me a lot! That an other thing i will try this summer, some gearing...
Good luck with your's and get me some news!!

Offline r1kurt

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »
When is the Loring event ? Ohio is much closer for me in Pa. I'm quick kurt on the R1 forum.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »
     From the Loring section of the forum here:  http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,12068.0.html  Tech July 11-12-13.  Racing July 12-13-14.

Link to the LTA is on this site's homepage, upper left side.

Ed

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »
Joe,
I hope to see you in Loring in July.  It's just too close to you to miss it!  I plan to be there early to help with tech inspection.  Regarding making changes, you might want to try it with the stock set up to see if you have any problems at 186 mph.  If you do lower the front without lowering the back, it will reduce the trail which could make your bike more prone to a tank slapper. 

In my opinion, sport bikes are designed to turn easily and quickly, not especially to run flat out in a straight line.  I would advise to take the headstock bearings apart, clean, and re-grease, but don't overtighten them on replacement.  Any resistance to steering inputs can set up a weave.  The steering damper is still required because it is designed to restrict larger motions which happen in a wobble or tank slapper.

Check the LTA rules and make sure you're bike meets them, including tires less than 10 yrs. old, a metal battery hold down, and safety wire to prevent your oil filter from unscrewing (ask me how I know that one!)
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 09:37:27 PM »
Hey Tom! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate!! I don't know if my bike will be ready for the loring event but one of my friend will try his turbo zx14 probably so i will be with him for shure! If i can get my bike ready i will go, if not i will do some testing this summer and probably next year it will be ready!
Thanks and i hope to see you there!
Joe