Author Topic: What does "Fuel tanks isolated from the driver compartment" mean?  (Read 8391 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: What does "Fuel tanks isolated from the driver compartment" mean?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:01 AM »

"Rear Vision"   whats that?   :?

Steve

That's what roadster drivers see half of the time.

Midget, I have been laughing for twenty minutes!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
Your next crash will probably be a very violent, dynamic event. The fuel line will be ripped out of the tank, sparks from the sliding will set fire to the fuel.
How close do you want that to you?

The rules have nothing to do with it. If there isn't a firewall between you and any possible fuel source you ARE NOT SAFE.

A firewall is different from a bulkhead. A firewall must be sealed completely. The tiniest of holes can allow flames to blow through.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »
  40 years ago when I was a traveling service rep for Buick Motor Division of General Motors, it used to be called a "firewall". We were instructed to no longer use that term. We were told that it implied that it would keep fire out of the passenger compartment. We were told to use the word: "bulkhead" instead. Somewhere the lawyers had lined up to sue for the use of a word that implied safety.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]