Author Topic: Aisin Amr300 roots blower  (Read 37804 times)

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
Aisin Amr300 roots blower
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »
Looking for one of these little guys. If anybody has one they are willing to part with let me know.

Offline maj

Re: Aisin Amr300 roots blower
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »
see a few aisin superchargers over here on jap import cars
i think thats what Tiny is running on his 250
If you can't find any locally i know Aussie ebay has 2 amr 500's listed
and there were a couple of 300's in my area a few yrs back (i usually get a phone call asking to help fit them )
i can ask around and see if there still in good order 

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
These guys have 'em (where I bought mine)
They occasionally put them on ebay, but best to deal direct to get a good blower, at a good price (my AMR 300 was AU$300)
They were fitted to Subaru Vivito mini vans in Japan and will spin to 11,000+ rpm (for a while)
Adelaide Japanese Imports Pty Ltd
Auto Parts Recyclers - Holden Hill, SA
19 Jacobsen Crs, Holden Hill SA 5088, Australia
Phone number(+61-08) 8369 1156
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:17:16 PM »
I appreciate it guys. The AMr500 is too big for my 650cc application. Im just gonna be running a low boost setup on a yamaha xs650. May eventually bump it up to 750 but I think the 300 can handle it. Im more worried about saving space than having a blower that could handle 1000cc. also the guys on ebay are askin like 900 bux for a 500,that seems kinda nutty to me.

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
see a few aisin superchargers over here on jap import cars
i think thats what Tiny is running on his 250
If you can't find any locally i know Aussie ebay has 2 amr 500's listed
and there were a couple of 300's in my area a few yrs back (i usually get a phone call asking to help fit them )
i can ask around and see if there still in good order

I woulds definately appreciate that. Rather buy from a racer than an importer.

Offline JimL

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
No claims to expert knowledge on this, but a few I've had some involvement during kitting engines NOT designed for blowers.  Maybe some clues for your planning, I hope.
- 1000cc blower on 3000-3400cc engines.  Anything over 9psi was too much heat and detonaton at high rpm.  Rotors grow and hit the housing on a long pull.
- 1000cc blower on 1800cc engine was pretty good for street but could make enough pressure to hurt bearings and break crankshaft bolts because the engine was notcapable of that power level.
- 2000cc blower on 4300cc engine ran best with restrictor plate between throttle body and blower inlet.  No detonation problems.  Without restrictor, piston life was "first pull".  Best was about 8psi without blower air temp issues until restrictor used to control boost at highest blower speed.
- Well built 3700cc engine with low comp pistons, NASCAR heads, Chevy 2" Cariilo rods, ball bearing ball under each ARP head stud. 8 injectors (2 behind the throttle body).  Maxed at 13.5 psi because the blower belt only gave about 45 seconds at 15psi so we slowed it down.  This 2000cc blower is a pretty good match for that street engine.  400/400 power and torque and max engine speed 7800.

You may be in a similar situation, where the engine is not optimized for supercharging.  300cc blower on a 650cc at Bonneville may be spinning too hard.  That is a quick way to get the rotors to grow into the case because the heated compressed air doesnt evacuate well when blower speed is too high and you get up against port pressure from not enough cam, valve, and port.  I'd be tempted to use the 500, make some restrictor plates, and keep the blower speed off the top of the graph.  You will get all the boost your drive ratio can provide until you get toward the danger area of the map.  You can try different plates easily, but do it on the inlet side of the blower.

I am certain there are many, here, who know a lot more about blowers than I do.  This is just the results of about 8 years involvement in those kits.  In the end, slowing the blower down was always more tolerable for these stock engines, and that sounds like where you are going.  If I could supercharge my 650, I'd love to use an r410 but they are a lot more money than a Social Security check!

OK...here come the slingshots and bows & arrows! :-o

Offline TheBaron

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
Good info....The issues you bring up are quite valid about heating of the rotors,,,, "draw-through" (carb) systems run cooler than dry systems (port EFI) as the fuel cools and help seal the rotor to case clearances....

What were the drive ratios of the systems you referenced ? Matching the blower speed to engine rpm is the heart of getting things ballpark matched up ....

I am working on a 350cc motor / Aisin 300 setup.... and  will not r-e-a-l-y know what I need ratio wise till I actually run it at the altitude of the race venues....

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:59:15 PM by generatorshovel »
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
Thank you JimL. All of the information you gave will be very useful. However, this is not going to be an extremely high performance build. This bike will run on the street and probably do 5psi max. I am basically building a bike that will be reliable, but I want to be able to embarrass assholes on their 30k+ hardleys. If I was gonna run this at bonniville I would shoehorn the 500 in there for sure.

Offline JimL

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
Ok, I guess I didnt pick up on the street only idea.

About the blower speeds, the real deal was Eatons map and where the heat starts overwhelming the effect of boost.  Some customers needed them slowed down for stock engines on marginal fuel and fairly high thermostat temps ( required for emissions and keeping the oil clean.)

Because the designs vary, you really have to go by the manufacturers graph.  Keep in mind, it was the smart guys doing the design and engineering decisions....I just helped on various small issues after it was about ready and got a little learning by osmosis!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:27:41 PM by JimL »

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 08:42:01 AM »
All good info!

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »
Anyone have any luck sourcing one of these? Im still watching.

Offline jverban

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
you can buy them on www.amr300.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 02:00:11 AM »
Find here Roots Blowers manufacturers, Roots Blowers suppliers, Roots Blowers producers, Roots Blowers exporters, Roots Blowers production centers, Roots Blowers companies for your sourcing needs.
http://industrialairblower.com/

roots blower

A maintenance free, noise less blower because of no friction, no vibration & needs no lubrication at all. Consequently, completely wear & tear free.

Based on revolutionary innovation, It is comparatively quieter, lighter and practically maintenance & oil free substitute of the noisy, bulky, oily and monstrous type of conventional air blowers, for the applications where large and forceful suction and pressure capabilities are required in agitation of chemicals.

Since there is absolutely no friction between any two parts of the blower, hence no lubrication is required and consequently the pressurized air or vacuum generated by the machine is 100% oil free.

Since these blowers are compact, maintenance free and need no oiling at all, these are most suited for mounting inside the machines meant for electro plating, dust collecting, printing , paper handling, Vacuum packaging, pneumatic conveying and hence are quite popular with OEM.

Available in Single, Double & Multi bladed turbine, or side channeled impeller versions, suiting various applications dependent upon High Pressure Low displacement or Low Pressure High Displacement requirements.

SPAM
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »
thanks Neil
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!