Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340476 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #870 on: November 03, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
I don't know Joe... he kinda looks like a biker... with kids you never know... either way, congrats  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #871 on: November 04, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
Momma and I have already had a conversation about that Stainless. She's hoping for four wheels only. Her thinking is that its a lot easier to jump a dirt bike and break your neck. As opposed to jumping, say, a go kart or a 4 wheeler.

Living out in the boonies like we do, will afford Joe Jr. (Yep, I named him after me) the luxury of go karts, 4 wheelers, and any other home made motorized contraption we can come up with. I guess I'll just keep the little guy in the shop with me as much as I can and hope for the best.

On the plus side, at least bikes are a little cheaper than cars...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #872 on: March 31, 2016, 10:20:19 AM »
Howdy gang! Back from the dead, and still going strong. It's been a long winter here in Western CO but all is well. The 57 I've been working on is on the down hill slide, and its turning out rather nicely.

My new driver is growing like a weed, and he has got to be the happiest fella in the whole land, he's always got a smile on his face.

After much consideration, I have decided that Ol' Hank is going to sit quietly in the shop this summer while I spend some quality time with Momma. She has two boys, not counting ours, and we didn't do much last summer due to me scrambling on the car. I'm going to use this summer to try like crazy to make up for that lost time. They're only kids for so long! I will definitely be at SpeedWeek, but once again as a spectator. Our middle boy Tanner is 13 and can't wait to go with me this year. I hope it makes an impression on him, and that he gets the car bug also.

The time off has allowed me to get some more pieces parts stashed away for Hank, and it's also allowed for some changes in our engine. There's some things we wanted to do and didn't have the time to do it, but now that's different. The only problem I foresee is that my fire bottles expire at the end of this year. If anybody has the info on how to get them re-certified, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a couple pictures of the 57. Enjoy! And I'll keep you lot updated from here on out!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline RichFox

« Reply #873 on: March 31, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »
I have a local licensed fire extinguisher come by and inspect them. that is all he does for a living. Mostly at commercial accounts that are required to keep their extinguishers up to date.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »
Hey Joe!!!
Great to hear from you.
Good to hear all is well and also that you're enjoying fatherhood.
Ole Hank will be ready when he's ready.

The 57 looks very nice. Much love to you and the family. :cheers:

Offline Tman

« Reply #875 on: April 04, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »
Hey Joe, I too am spending time with my son. Lakester is just patiently waiting while I build the 51 GMC hauler/daily driver with my son.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #876 on: April 04, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »
Joe:

If there are FireBottle brand they have to go back to Firebottle for recert. http://www.firebottleracing.com/ Ask for Nick... he will take care of you. Now as far as when to get them re-certified. My bottle expire August of  this year, I will wait until August '16 or maybe even September to send them back. That way I get the 2017 and 2018 Speedweeks covered. I think they cerfify them for 24 months. I too will spectate 2016.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #877 on: April 05, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »
Wheelerdealer........if You get to B'ville I'll see You there.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #878 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »
Wheelerdealer........if You get to B'ville I'll see You there.

FREUD

Doc:

That's all the incentive I need.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #879 on: April 06, 2016, 01:41:32 AM »
If there is no gathering at B'Ville in 2016   m a  y  b  e  we can see You

at a Bonneville NW Reunion.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #880 on: April 07, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Mikey! And thanks for the input guys.

Rich, I asked my local guy and he gave me a funny look.

Wheeler, I kinda figured that's the route I had to go. You were my next call after my local guy fell through. If I wait it out, how long can I go? I'm pretty sure mine are up in September. If I wait till the end of the year is that too long? And, on a side note, I'd like to meet up and BS on the salt, if we all make it out there this year...

Tman, good to hear from you sir! I'd love to see this Jimmy you speak of.

In the mean time, I've gotten the harness and all the wiring into the 57, and the accessory drive installed. Need to find a home for the ECM and route a big fat harness so it doesn't look like hell. It may not be Ole Hank, but I'll try to keep you guys entertained with my little side project instead.

Offline Tman

« Reply #881 on: May 10, 2016, 09:55:51 PM »
Joe, there is a shot of the GMC in my lakester thread.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #882 on: May 12, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
Well, my side job is starting to wind down, and summer is starting to pick up. I hope to have the old Chevy out of my shop in a few more weeks, and then I'll begin laying plans to finish Hank!

Momma had two boys before we met, and the younger of the two has really started to take a liking to anything car related. I promised her no race car this summer, but I have made plans to take Tanner with me to Bonneville this year. That kid is beyond excited!

And speaking of boys, I was out in the shop the other day working away when I saw this...

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #883 on: May 12, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »
Junior may have made it into Hank himself, but he may have had some help from dear old Dad...

Offline tauruck

« Reply #884 on: May 13, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Joe, he's grown!!!.
Good on you brother.
Awesome boy. God bless him. :cheers: