Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341628 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »
Thanks Wayno! Pretty cool little car! For some reason, mine looks a little different...  :evil:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2015, 05:29:43 PM »

Wow, looks great  :cheers: :cheers:.  We will be headed up on either Wed. or Thur. from my place so maybe see you on the way there,

Sum

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #842 on: July 06, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »
Thanks guys! The car is covered with clear coat since the last picture. I have gotten a bunch done, but there's still more to do. I managed to get my rear end setup, braces for the fenders, shift boot, parachute and release cable, and a ton of other little knick knack projects done over the last few days. I should have windows cut and installed soon as well.

The inside of the car is complete!

I've been a fiberglass laying fool as well. I've managed three layers on the front end so far, with another three to come this week. I'm hoping to get the nose all smoothed out and painted very soon. I'm running out of time quickly, but things are moving right along!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:01:03 PM by lsrjunkie »
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #843 on: July 06, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »
Looking good all shined up!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #844 on: July 06, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »
No comment!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #845 on: July 06, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
Su weet :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #846 on: July 14, 2015, 09:41:36 AM »
There have been some recent rumblings here in Western Colorado that do not bode well for running ole Hank this year.

Long story short, the shop is extremely busy and we are very short handed. My leaving for a week will not leave any options for the shop, they will have to be closed for that week. That coupled with the rumors of limited courses, poor salt conditions, and the fact that after all this time, and hard work, I don't want to take a car that I don't think is finished yet.

I'm sure I can get it all done in the next three weeks, but will it be right? And will it really be done the way I want it?

All that being said, I am offering up me pre-entry for sale. I will also put a listing in the "For Sale" section.

I haven't given up, stay tuned!!

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #847 on: July 14, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
There's always World Finals and World of Speed.

:cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

gkabbt

« Reply #848 on: July 14, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
There's always World Finals and World of Speed.

:cheers:

THIS!

I REALLY enjoyed WoS last year. Debating on that again for this year!

Gregg

Offline Tman

« Reply #849 on: July 18, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
Looks great joe!

Offline Freud

« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »
Greg,the WoS has hospitality beyond description. Never hesitate to attend their events.

In fact, look forward to that.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2015, 03:18:10 PM »
Greg,the WoS has hospitality beyond description. Never hesitate to attend their events.

In fact, look forward to that.

FREUD

Agreed!
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
Just a quick update on Hank, and the whole racing team. Which I guess mainly consists of me.

Progress has slowed a bit while I catch up on all the little projects mama has for me. Kind of been blowing them off all summer... And so far I have managed to get most of them done!
I have been cleaning and reorganizing our race headquarters, aka, my little shop, and doing a bit of fiberglass work on the front end of the car.

The biggest news is that the team will have a new member around the end of October! No sponsor, or anything, but if I play my cards right I may have another driver in 16 years or so... I have a feeling this is going to be the best project I have ever been involved with!

Keep pulling for ole Hank, wish me luck with the new driver, and stay tuned!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:25 AM »
Staying tuned, Dad. Wayno

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
 :-D Thanks Wayno!  :-D