Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341950 times)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #750 on: November 11, 2014, 06:23:27 PM »
 :-D :cheers: :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #751 on: November 13, 2014, 09:51:43 AM »
I spent a little time in the shop last night working on my door handles. I am not a machinist by an stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy playing around and pretending to know what I'm doing. That being said it doesn't take much to impress me when it comes to a lathe or a mill. Let's cut to the chase...

I have a small lathe that suits my skill level and my needs very well. After a bit of research, I picked up a scissor type knurler and thought I would try my hand at making the business end of my door handles...

First off, I completely disregarded the advice to practice on a scrap piece of material, yeah I'm a rebel. I set the knurler up, guessed at the chuck speed and feed rate, and viola!

A little time putting a radius on one end, and I must say, I'm pretty happy with the finished product. I'll post a picture or two this evening of everything all assembled and installed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:54:41 AM by lsrjunkie »
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #752 on: November 13, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »
I'd say you're a natural.

Just imagine if you played Baseball?. :wink:

Nice job Joe. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #753 on: November 13, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
Yup, some folks just get lucky. then there me. Good job. Now remember how ya did it. :cheers:
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #754 on: November 13, 2014, 07:13:59 PM »
Now Frank, you just chucked my "I know what I'm doing" right out the window! I was hoping I'd remember how to come up with the same results more than once, but you had to come out and say it.  :-D
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #755 on: November 14, 2014, 09:52:25 AM »
And here's my handles all installed and ready for action.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #756 on: December 10, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »
I'm liking the progress Joe.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #757 on: December 10, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Sorry gang, it's been a while. I've been hard at it, and things are progressing nicely. Just thought I'd throw a few pictures out there for all of you to enjoy.

There have been two major developments. Number one, my cylinder head is in the capable hands of Wes King. Number two, I have managed to acquire a pretty decent tow rig.

Any way, here's some pics! Enjoy them, I've got work to do!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #758 on: December 10, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Thanks PJ!  :cheers:

Here's a few more. Belly pan, fuel cell, and a few other things.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #759 on: December 10, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
Just a couple more. I am currently putting stiffeners and 'drain holes' into the rear portion of the belly pan. Things are moving right along!

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #760 on: December 10, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »
This car is kickass!!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #761 on: December 10, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »
Now there's a man that knows how to compliment a car... Thanks Brad! Ole Hank has come a long way.

I'm a big fan of your 'liner!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #762 on: December 11, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
20 years from now people will be talking about a legendary builder in Colorado.

His name is Joe Christian. That's it. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

God Bless you brother.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #763 on: December 12, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »
Jeez Mikey, I'm starting to blush over here.  :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #764 on: December 14, 2014, 11:46:07 PM »
Yike Joe, when you get on a roll, you roll. :cheers: