Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340494 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #735 on: October 14, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »
I sure hope so Frank!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
Successfully made all the recommended changes and additions to the car, that the inspector pointed out. I've managed to get the interior all painted and I've been working on a bunch of other things in the mean time. Haven't had much time for updates, the shop has been unusually busy for this time of year. Here is a couple quick pictures...

First two are of the inside of the car...

The third is of the wheel for the push bar.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
I also began working on some door handles for the car. Got in touch with my brother whom, 1. Owns a decent sized CNC machine. 2. Has a tendency to over engineer things. 3. Is the smartest redneck I have ever met.

We spent some time discussing my failed attempts. I shouldn't say they were failures, the functioned well but weren't the prettiest looking things. Long story short, in the time it took me to have a beer he took my dimensions and sent me these...

I think these will work just fine!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
I like your interior Joe. Too many people paint the interior black or at least a dark color. The lighter color not only makes it easier to see inside the car for working on stuff that's hard enough to see anyway because of all the awkward angles caused by the roll cage but also makes it easier to see missed welds and cracks. Well done.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's nice to have a little talent within the family to draw on when you need to.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »
Pete said it all.

Great stuff Joe. We must be linked somehow.
Every time you make some progress so do I. :-D

Hank looks awesome and even the redneck from Africa can see it. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
Thanks guys!

Mike, I grunt and groan about trying to get stuff here in rural Colorado, I can't imagine what it must be like for you. Keep it up man, eventually we'll both have something to show for all this hard work!  :cheers:

PJ, I've been a professional mechanic for a lot of years and the biggest gripe I have is never having enough light to be able to see what the hell you're doing. I hope I won't have to be working on ole Hank to terribly often but when I do, it'll sure be nice to have the extra light. That being said, the bottom of the car is painted the same light grey, for the exact same reason.

Offline JHOLVECK66

• New folks
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
おはよう!!!!!!!

Dude! Car is looking awesome! Love that front end man! I will have you some door handle arrows printed up soon and send them to you brotha! Wish I was there to help ya! Keep it up and ill see you at Bonneville!

-Jordon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »
I agree with everyone on the super build and we are on first name basis with the UPS people getting parts to us as well. Not much pickens in St,.George.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #743 on: November 03, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
Progress continues... Had to take the day off Sunday to clean and reorganize the shop. Seemed like every tool I had was laying somewhere other than the tool box. The shop looks great, and in the process an excellent photo opportunity arose. While sweeping I needed a temporary home for the front clip of ole Hank, only one place seemed obvious...

Talked to my brother this afternoon and was informed my snazzy door handles are not only completed, but in route.

Things are buzzing right along. At this point my only area of concern is the engine. Building a rowdy street motor takes time, and this little GMC is going to be so much more than that. There are just too many things that I need to depend on others to get handled in a timely fashion. And maybe I'm just stressing, Who knows.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #744 on: November 03, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
Joe, Amy says Wow. I say booya boy. Hank lookin good with his nose haning out. Keep pecking away, grab a beverage of choice and take in what you have accomplished.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #745 on: November 04, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »
Hank is going to surprise a lot of people.
It looks fast just standing there.
Joe, you did good. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Tman

« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
Joe, can you get a full on side profile shot? :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #747 on: November 10, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
 :cheers: Thanks a bunch guys! I really appreciate all the kudos and thumbs ups!  :cheers:

Lemme see what I can do Trent. The nose will be coming off this evening, so I'll try to get you one before that.

I managed to get a few things done this weekend. Namely, making the passenger door work properly. The driver side was a breeze, but the passenger door has been a nightmare. Latch not working, hinges bent, etc. Just another pleasantry of dealing with a very well abused car that's 65 years old...

I'll try to get a few more pictures for you lot this evening.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #748 on: November 11, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
Profile pictures as promised...

Offline tauruck

« Reply #749 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
That really looks great.
Well done Joe. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: