Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340544 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #720 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Here's the oil pan. I forgot to take pictures of the rear firewall project, but it's turning out great!

These are the before pics of what the stock pan looked like...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #721 on: August 25, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »
And a few as it was going together...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #722 on: August 25, 2014, 09:30:14 AM »
You do nice work Joe. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #723 on: September 05, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Thanks Mike!

Lots of progress, but no pictures... :roll: Parts for my cylinder head are here. The head is going together this weekend then it will be sent off for some serious flow bench attention. Special thanks to BobDCuda for the info there! Going to get a combustion chamber mold soon so pistons can be made.

Rear firewall is in and done, first round of 'glass is on the front end, and fire suppression is en route. Overall things are moving along nicely. I've managed to find a home for the major components in the front of the car, as well as modify a SBC dry sump drive to work on the Jimmy. More engine parts are arriving daily. My next big hurdle will be to fab up a mount for the dry sump pump.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #724 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
Things are going pretty well! Racing against the cooler weather now. I'm hoping to get a majority of the 'glass laid before it's too cold in the shop to do so. I've got too much going to list but I figure I owe you guys a few pictures.

I have managed to locate a tech inspector fairly close to me. After a bit of a bribe to include, but not limited too, promises of cold beer and a good steak I'll have the car looked over. If everything passes muster I'll begin to put everything together for what we all know will not be the last time.

I spent a fair amount of time cleaning up the cowl of the car. It's definitely not a critical area performance wise, but I just couldn't take the way it looked any longer. After a few hours I'm much happier now.

Moving right along...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:11:37 PM by lsrjunkie »

Offline JHOLVECK66

• New folks
« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »
すごい!!! Car is looking awesome man! Love the Oil pan! Fire wall looks sick! Miss you brotha!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »
Boo ya Joe, progress :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
Yes, Tim likes a good beer, bribe well spent.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #728 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:52 AM »
You're making great progress Joe.

Well done man. It looks great. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #729 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »
One more picture for you guys. It's my front end. Not exactly sure what unfinished fiberglass is supposed to look like, but the shape is exactly what I had envisioned!

Offline Tman

« Reply #730 on: September 27, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »
Yup, that's how unfinished glass looks!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #731 on: September 27, 2014, 10:29:43 PM »
Joe, you don't give yourself enough credit. :wink:
You're a talented guy.
In one post you say you have an idea to clad the front end and now there's an image
of the work you did.

That wasn't an easy process and from the pic it looks very good.
Awesome. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #732 on: September 29, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
Right on guys! Thanks!

Spent the weekend getting fire bottle brackets made and bottles located. Thanks again to Bill @ Parkland Autosport!

Fuel tank brackets are made. I'm working on the filler neck and plumbing now.

Lots more to do but the list is getting shorter. Almost two years in now, and it's starting to look like I'll make it!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #733 on: October 09, 2014, 09:49:49 AM »
I had an inspector over the other night. I was a little nervous, but it seemed to go pretty well. Hank was checked out from stem to stern, and with the exception of a few minor things that need to be added or reworked, everything else checked out great!

I even got a crash course in filling out the entry sheet, and a nice lecture about not screwing anything up on said sheet ie; transposing numbers, etc...

All in all it was a very good evening and I feel much better about the car and some of the actual processes I'll be going through to actually run this contraption.

Ever forward... I'm finishing things up inside the car. Now all I have to do is everything else.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:01:24 AM by lsrjunkie »

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #734 on: October 09, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Congrats on the inspection,  onward and upward. You'll be going fast before you know it.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15