Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340509 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #660 on: July 23, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
So far so good. The new shop is coming together nicely, All the big puzzle pieces for my fuel system arrived today, and my water tank should be ready at the end of this week.

The next step is to disassemble the car, start painting the underside and then parts are going on for good! I've got a bit more to do inside the car but hey, I'm making progress!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »
Here's a quick peek at the inside of the water tank.

I'm hoping the baffles inside will slow the water down and help improve it's efficiency.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
Looking good Joe. :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:51 PM »
Joe, you might want to add a piece of 1/2 alum tubing across to each side panel to prevent any buckling ,the tanks do tend to swell and this will support the side panels.Keep up the good work. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
Thanks guys!

Glen, there are some gussets inside the tank that aren't in that picture. Should give it a little more rigidity.

Offline Tman

« Reply #665 on: July 25, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
One bite at a time................

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #666 on: July 25, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
Yes sir, Trent. Just wish I could take bigger bites...

Stupid responsibilities getting in the way of racing.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #667 on: July 25, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »
Stupid responsibilities getting in the way of racing.????

I was once told if your sport interfered with your job, leave the job. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #668 on: July 25, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »
That's a great idea Mikey!

Now to find a very wealthy sponsor...  :evil:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »
Had a fairly productive weekend. Got my water tank rounded up. It turned out great! Only downside is my tape measure must be out of calibration. I measured and checked, and measured, but when I got the tank home I'll be darned it was a hair too wide.  :| (And by a hair I mean a couple inches!) Not the end of the world, a little whittling and it should fit perfect.

Also wanted to show you guys how the front end is coming along. Ever forward!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
That's a neat tank Joe.

My tape measure also does that to me. :-D

That's a race car!!!

You're going to get a LOT of attention.

That's cool brother. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »
Don't feel bad, Joe. NASA launched the Hubble Space Telescope with a big measurement error in its optics. It was later corrected.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
Neil, That sure makes my screw up seem insignificant!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
At least you got more space for water. :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
That's a hell of a cow catcher you got going on there Joe, didn't  know ther were salt cows in bonerville...
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15