Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340501 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #690 on: August 13, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »
Thanks Stainless!

And you make a very good point. Not sure if the car is a boy or a girl yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Too many years of calling anything mechanical female I guess...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #691 on: August 13, 2014, 10:53:21 AM »
That's probably a hold over from the old adage... if it has tits or wheels, sooner or later its going to give you trouble....  :roll: (did I really write that down?)
Regardless of gender... its a race car... and sooner or later its going to give you trouble...

OK girls, disregard this this post... the roll eyes means it's a joke  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #692 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm glad you said it Stainless...  :evil:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #693 on: August 13, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
And I want to give a special thank you to Slim. Through the "For Sale" section of the forum I have been able to gather a fair amount of safety equipment. In turn helping out some fellow racers as well as saving me a few bucks!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #694 on: August 15, 2014, 02:08:57 AM »
Hank looks like a "Hannah"  to me. :-D

Joe, if you need help on the glass work I'm in 100%  as far as advice via the internet goes.
It can be tough trying to advise that way but if I can save you from the pitfalls and show you a few short cuts and tricks
it would only be a pleasure.

The big trick is to go to bed at night without itching.

I can see a "less" complicated solution for cladding the front end without too much suffering. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #695 on: August 15, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »
Any help you can spare would be great Mikey! I only know a little about the stuff.

And I darn sure don't want to be going to bed every night trying to itch my skin off!

Feel free to email, text, call, morse code, Pony Express, anything. If you have some ideas and some ways to save me some grief, then I am all ears!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #696 on: August 15, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »
I'll email you later. :wink:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #697 on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »
Mike, got your email. I have a few questions. I will definitely be in touch.

Had a good weekend. My new girlfriend has been very supportive of my habit, but requires one weekend a month devoted to her. I gladly accommodated her request this weekend. Although I did do some more shopping for safety gear.

Good news is when I get the car finished I'll actually be able to drive it! Fire suit, shoes, gloves, etc. is all en route!

Got a wee bit more to do on the front frame work and then I'll be doing the 'glass work. I'd like to get that all done before the weather begins to cool off.

Managed to borrow a very nice JD Square tubing bender. I've got some more tube work to do. Mostly building supports on the front of Hank for the new front clip.

I'm also going to put the engine back in Hank and figure out some packaging of the different tanks and such. Stay tuned!

Only 355 days left!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »
I had a one weekend a month deal with a new girl friend,
23 years later and she doesn't even want to see me for 5 minutes. :evil: :-D :-D :-D :-D

Good to hear you have someone to share the passion with.

I'm here when you need me. Good one on the safety equipment. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #699 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:47 PM »
23 years... Right on Mike! If that's the case, it looks like you and I are on the same plan. I'm just a few years behind you. This gal sure is something great. First woman I've ever had in my life that is not only understanding of my "problem" but supportive as well. Here's to hoping we make it as long as you have Mikey!  :cheers:

Offline will6er

« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »
Joe-

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at "2014 Speed Weak".
How are you going to back up your fiberglass over the framework?

Will Willis

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #701 on: August 19, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »
I agree Will. I was looking forward to it.

As far as the front end goes, what I don't have pictured is the layer of screen I've been methodically putting over the frame work. Picture screen door screen but with a coarser pattern. (If that makes any sense) I've tack welded the screen over my frame work. My next step is to put a layer of 'glass on the outside of the frame. Let it cure a bit, and flip the whole thing over and do a layer inside. Once that's set up, I'll put another one or two layers on the outside, sand it, paint and... Viola! I'm off to the races!

Now if it all works out that way I will be a very happy camper. But you know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men"

I'm hoping that the frame work will add quite a bit of rigidity to the front end. Right now it is very easy for one guy to move around. We'll see what happens when it's all done...

gkabbt

« Reply #702 on: August 19, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »
Sounds like your plan of attack will work but you should give Joe Timney a call a Delaware Chassis Works (302) 378-3013.
Get him to explain how he did the front end of Dave and Mike Maty's Time Bomb Camaro:

Gregg

Offline Tman

« Reply #703 on: August 19, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »
Joe, give me a call if you need a hand........on the car or womenfolk...........Carla and I just had our 20th Anniversary with a couple tacked on in the beginning.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:56 AM »
Right on Trent! Congrats man. I know it's been awhile. I'll give you a shout soon!