Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341796 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
The salt cows are a very real hazard on the salt Frank. Here's to hoping my design will pile a few of them up on top of the car and provide more down force.

I wonder what the Cd of a salt cow is...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #676 on: August 02, 2014, 11:46:25 AM »
Progress is good!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #677 on: August 06, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
Not necessarily progress on the car, but progress nonetheless. Scored some safety gear for a smoking deal from a fellow forum member. Two less things I need to get now!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #678 on: August 06, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »
Nice:

I need a Hans, I borrowed one the last time.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline tauruck

« Reply #679 on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
Nice Joe but what's in the box???
Bandit, Shark, Sidewinder.

A good helmet is important but you have to look the part too!. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #680 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:57 PM »
Not sure Mikey. I just pulled it out to make sure it fit. Like a glove!

Speed Week was a bust. Spent Thursday and Friday in the pits, aka hotel parking lot, helping the Flatcad guys thrash on the car. All I can say is, what a great bunch of guys! Got home around 930 last night.

Good news is with the extra time off I'll be able to work on ole Hank interruption free.

Made a lot of progress on the front end today. After spending so much time with Buddy and crew, I have a few more ideas on packaging for my car. Things were going quite well until a piece of steel freed itself from the vice and busted me in the face. Glasses went flying and I've got a pretty good cut across my nose. Luckily the girlfriend is a nurse, she'll have me fixed up good as new.

With the measuring incident involving my water tank I think it will now be located in the nose of the car. I've got to run to town in the morning for more steel. Pictures of the progress soon, I promise!

Offline Tman

« Reply #681 on: August 10, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
It is all an education! just got off the phone with Tim, planning the new car.....................

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #682 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
Right on Tman! I can't wait to see what Tim comes up with.

I've been busy. Took the last two days and got a bit more done on the car.

Front end is all framed up, covered with screen, and I'll be putting 'glass on it soon!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #683 on: August 12, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
That framework looks good Joe.

Not an easy job.

You're on a roll. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #684 on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »
Thanks Mikey! It was definitely a lot more work than I though it was going to be.

The only upside to the cancellation of Speed Week is I got a couple of extra days to work on the car.

Only 360 days till Speed Week!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #685 on: August 12, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
Only 360?.

How cool would it be to be ready 6 weeks before and really have nothing to do but put those weary feet up and enjoy a cold somethin'.

They need to start handing out trophies to guys just for thinking of building a vehicle. :-D :-D :-D

Joe, you'll ace the test. :cheers:

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #686 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
Joe

Now I understand. I was not sure until you stated it was covered in wire. I have never seen a buck made from conduit. This will be interesting to watch.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #687 on: August 13, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
Bill, that frame work is not just a buck it will be the front end. I don't know a darn thing about composites, but I do know that if I built it out of steel it would be way to heavy.

My plan is to cover my frame work in fiberglass, using the conduit not only for shape, but strength as well. Never done anything like this before, so you may be in for quite a show!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »
Mikey, that would be great! I'm going with the slow and steady approach. I've made a nice long list and just keep checking things off as I go. In theory once everything on the list is crossed off it'll be time to race.

As for the cold something, I usually have a cold Budwieser or two in the evening when I'm done working on old Hank. I sit there and drink and talk to Hank. Gotta make sure she's just as ready for all of this as I am.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #689 on: August 13, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
I sit there and drink and talk to Hank. Gotta make sure she's just as ready for all of this as I am.

Joe... Hank or Henrietta, it's ok to have a "boy" car...  :-D
Looking good BTW, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing "him" on the salt
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O