Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341978 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #645 on: June 14, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »
Scared me for a minute there!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
Well here it is... my little car doesn't look so big sitting there. I'll be moving the rest of my stuff over the next couple weeks and hopefully be in permanently by the middle of July!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:25:10 AM by lsrjunkie »
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2014, 09:33:51 AM »
It doesn't look like you'll be cramped for space. Good luck with the new location. I hope it eases the build.

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm very excited about the move!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #649 on: June 17, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »
Joe, the place looks like it has a good atmosphere.

Have you got the boom box in yet?. Must have great acoustics by the look of it!.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
Not quite yet Mikey, but soon my friend, very soon.  :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »
Dang Joe, you need a telescope and map to you car. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline JHOLVECK66

• New folks
My salt addiction
« Reply #652 on: July 14, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
Greeting from Japan buddie!

Car looks good man! Wish I was there to help! Look forward to seeing more pictures! Miss ya brother!

-Jordon

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #653 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:35 AM »
I thought that username looked awfully familiar!

Thanks brother! She's getting there. I don't have too many pictures, but things are happening.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #654 on: July 16, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »
Joe, I guess you'll be more inspired by late August?. :-D :evil:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #655 on: July 17, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
Inspiration is running pretty high Mikey!

Just nothing amazing to report. Water and fuel tanks are in the works, front end is coming along nicely, Ordered a truck load of hose and fittings for my cooling and fuel system. And on top of all that, I'm moving into the new house. Life is good.

I have been contemplating sending my cylinder head out to have it professionally ported. Anyone have any recommendations? I know it won't be a cheap process but the older I get the more I try to live by the saying my grand dad always used, which was, "A poor man can't afford to buy cheap things." I'm hoping if I can find the right guy to do this it will be the only time.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #656 on: July 18, 2014, 12:59:48 AM »
Wes King in Eagle, ID, (near Boise) ported my slant six head.  Send me a PM if you'd like more info.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #657 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »
Thanks Bob! I saw the way your car ran last year.  :cheers: It appears to me, your guy has a pretty good understanding of how to make a cylinder head breathe.

PM sent.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #658 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
Well, unfortunately the head I was running last year didn't survive the meet (burned through the water jacket on one of the intake runners).  Had to build a new one, so that's the one that Wes ported for me this winter.  We sent him the old one for him to use as a guide.  We'll see how one compares with the other....

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #659 on: July 18, 2014, 05:56:48 PM »
Darn the luck. Got the info. Thanks Bob. Looking forward to seeing the car again this year.  :cheers: