Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341987 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2014, 09:56:23 AM »
Looking VERY good Joe!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #601 on: April 26, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
look around at push bars, they don't need to be fancy, just functional.  Here is what we use, it is a skate wheel mounted on the bar.  Max did a similar with a aluminum wheel. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2014, 05:00:39 PM »
look around at push bars, they don't need to be fancy, just functional.  Here is what we use, it is a skate wheel mounted on the bar.  Max did a similar with a aluminum wheel. 

I have a few xtras of those if needed.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #603 on: April 26, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
As simple as it is, that's a really cool piece Stainless!

Thanks Trent! Being the avid skateboarder that I am, I've got plenty as well!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #604 on: April 26, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
As simple as it is, that's a really cool piece Stainless!

Thanks Trent! Being the avid skateboarder that I am, I've got plenty as well!

I have some left from my fruitbootin days.  :oops:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
Trent, that's funny man! Haven't heard that phrase in a day or two!

Well, the fateful day has come and gone, and I'm proud to say that ole Hank looks pretty good! There's a few areas that will need some more attention, but all in all it turned out pretty good for a race car!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
I did some rust converter on the insides of the rear fenders first, then we wiped the whole car down.

First coat...

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #607 on: April 28, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
...and the fenders

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #608 on: April 28, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »
And then the second coat...

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #609 on: April 28, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
I'm going to give the rear wheel wells one more coat of rust converter, then get the rear fenders put on for good. Like I said, there's a few areas that will need a little more work. then the next step is building the front clip!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #610 on: April 28, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
I'm diggin' it.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #611 on: April 28, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #612 on: April 28, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
There's something about a car on wheels with the body a single color.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #613 on: April 28, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »
I totally agree PJ! Still have a long way to go, but it doesn't seem nearly as far away now.

Sparky, Wayno, Thanks guys!

Offline Geo

« Reply #614 on: April 28, 2014, 12:48:48 PM »
Joe,

I looked about 7 posts up at the first set of photos and thought exactly what PJ did, it looks great in one color.   :cheers:

I will always be impressed by the top chop! While you are at it... a coat of exterior paint on the underside of the fenders, while they are off and easy to get to, will provide further protection from the terrible assault you will bring in the future.

Looking forward to more!  Great job!

Geo