Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340505 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
CALLING ALL RACERS!! Sorry to sound so dramatic... I am toying with the idea of running Hilborn on this car and desperately need some info on where and who I can get stuff from. Called Hilborn and they referred me to a place called Sissell's but the number I got isn't in service. Any ideas? I'm a long way from needing anything in hand, but sure would like to find an outlet for it when I get to that point.

Try http://www.sissellautomotive.com/

Pete

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »
   Try Mike Chilando at. Alkydigger.net  He has lots of injection stuff and is real knowlegable.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:05 PM »
Thanks PJ! All the info I had for Sissel's must have been horribly out dated!

And thank you Doug! I knew I could count on you guys!

:cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
There is a six cylinder club / forum out there but the name escapes me. I built a n aluminum block w aluminum head version a couple of years ago and they were a big help finding parts.
The owner never ran it or even finished it. Still needed to fab up intake. I did have thick aluminum base plates waterjetted for him to make it easier.
Tracking down the original mfg of stuff was a bear.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »
Inliners club
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
I just got hooked up with those guys Glen.  :-D Official card carrying member!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 06:52:02 PM »
There are a lot of us 6 cylinder guys here on the board :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »
Finally got a front axle mounted tonight!  :-D With the drop and new spindles everything looks a lot better. I also took the time to have some snazzy brackets cut out with one of those hot rod water jet thingamajigs to reinforce things a little. Don't know if it will help or not, but I sure feel better about it!

And don't worry, if she looks a little off kilter it's because the 4x4's I was using as jack stands weren't the same thickness. It's nice and square with about 14.5 degrees of caster.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
Yeah! The front end is actually starting to look like something close to a real car!  :-D It's even got a tie rod! Tomorrow night we tackle the steering. Wish me luck boys!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 12:38:38 AM »
Well you shouldn't have to worry about bump steer  :-D
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
How much scrub steer? Just curious, looks like quite a lot.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
How much scrub steer? Just curious, looks like quite a lot.

Ron

That's what I was thinking.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
Ackerman is off a mile as well.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
Ackerman huh? I guess that's a new one for me. What exactly does that mean?

Believe it or not the scrub is close. It was WAY worse with the other spindles that I had.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
google ackerman steering. to me, as it is something that needs to be looked at, it is more important for street or road course than straight line runs.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15