Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341852 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #585 on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »
Looking good Joe, but the 2nd pic looks illegal-the spoiler can't go past the outside edge of the rear tires. 1st pic looks good.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #586 on: April 21, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
Hope this clears things up a little Buddy. And thanks again for the "push". It's exactly what I needed!  :cheers:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:24:20 AM by lsrjunkie »
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #587 on: April 21, 2014, 11:38:06 AM »
When that's built it's going to look great and work even better.

You're on the right track Joe.

Keep at it. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #588 on: April 21, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
Thanks Mikey! Your long car is coming along nicely as well!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #589 on: April 21, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Hope this clears things up a little Buddy. And thanks again for the "push". It's exactly what I needed!  :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #590 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »
Got my spoiler template finalized tonight, and...

Last batch of mud before primer!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #591 on: April 21, 2014, 10:01:57 PM »
Going to spend tomorrow evening sanding in hopes of primer soon!

Need to transfer my cardboard template into some wood, and do some final fitting before sending it off to be cut out of aluminum.

The good news is, between sanding breaks I should be on the Tuesday night chat for the first time in a while. Hope to see the usual suspects there!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #592 on: April 21, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »
We'll look forward to your visit Joe.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Still get blocked plug-in.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #594 on: April 22, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
Darn Stan. Would be good to talk to you. It's been awhile!

Had a good chat, plenty of guys there, even though I bailed out early to continue working on Hank.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:04:51 PM by lsrjunkie »

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #595 on: April 23, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »
So, the good news is all the heavy duty, hard grinding, terrible dusty, gawd I hate it sanding is done! Just have to make arrangements to clear the shop out before the primer flies. Maybe tomorrow, but more likely it'll be this weekend. We'll get it all one color, then determine if there's an major issues to worry about. If not, glazing putty the small stuff and the front end build will begin! Hopefully, it will go smoothly. I'll keep you lot well informed!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »
....Just have to make arrangements to clear the shop out before the primer flies. ...

Congrats on all the progress with the car  :cheers: :cheers: 

One think  I really liked after switching to a HF HVLP gun was no over spary on things with the primers.  Still some with a clear coat.

Sum

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #597 on: April 24, 2014, 12:09:38 AM »
That a boy Joe  :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #598 on: April 25, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
Thanks guys! So the fateful weekend will soon be upon me... I'm pretty sure I've got everything I need to get Hank primed. I went back over the car this evening and there's a couple of small spots I want to address before the primer flies.

In the mean time, I did a little research into how to build my push bar. I'm thinking I'll go with one of these units...

https://www.omnitrack.us/mediumduty/top-flange-ball-units-MS-m.php

to avoid any undue stress on the push bar itself. The only question I have is how heavy duty does it really need to be. If I can't find a good answer, I'll just use the old engineering principal I refer to as the "tractor factor". I'll just get the biggest baddest one they make and cross my fingers. If anyone has some input on this I'm all ears.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #599 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »
I just checked that link.

Now I know what's on the Speed Demon.

I have no knowledge but I'd guess a bar/tube that matches the housing would be your first option.

Good luck with the primer. :cheers: