Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341583 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #555 on: April 02, 2014, 12:42:46 AM »
Keep at it Joe, the car's looking good. It'll be done when it's done. It'll be faster if its done right and lsr cars tend to spend a long time with the same owner and evolve over time so a year here or there isn't going to make a lot of difference.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #556 on: April 02, 2014, 02:45:24 AM »
And you're in Grand Junction? I just want to know where to send the hit man with this picture.  :-) Wayno

The hit man will come home in a Jiffy bag. I know Joe!. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #557 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:45 AM »
Thanks Wayno! I think?

PJ I'm hoping this car sticks around for a very long time.

Mikey, I'm a lover not a fighter.  :-D
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #558 on: April 02, 2014, 10:02:12 AM »
 :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
And just because, a picture of our intrepid builder!

So thats the man dat hooked us up wit some wheels for Amys camaro. They are perfect.  Thought you fell off the planet. Glad your back.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
Yet another face with a name. Glad you're back at it Joe. Keep it up  :-)

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »
I'd put mine in my avatar but the dog looks waaaaaay better!

Pete

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2014, 12:31:51 AM »
I'd put mine in my avatar but the dog looks waaaaaay better!

Pete

Tok is a great lookin dog PJ. Maybe ill get to meet you at SW if we both make it up there this year

Offline tauruck

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2014, 12:38:40 AM »
Just put Joe on that list.

He'll be easy to find.
Hank will be a stand out!. :-D :cheers: :evil:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #564 on: April 03, 2014, 09:51:30 AM »
Glad to hear the wheels worked out for ya Frank!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #565 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »
Any progress is good progress!  :cheers: Finally got around to building some water inlet, and outlet flanges. They turned out pretty darn good. This project won't lead to a full fledged sponsorship, but, let me just say that it's good to have friends! Special thanks to John @ Water Jets West, and Jeff @ Welfelt Fabrication.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #566 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »
That's the plan Steve. A series of events have conspired to knock my mojo in the dirt. The body work has me frustrated, and the cost of building an ancient engine hasn't helped. I guess I should have restated my initial comment by asking what a guy does to put some wind back in the sails.

I'm really leaning towards getting the car out there as is, and then spending next year making it what it should be. If I remember right, even Buddy ran the Flat Cad with a SBC to get it teched and get some drivers licensed.

Joe, slap some primer on it, drop any running engine you have handy in it, get all of your tech stuff in order, and bring it to the salt!

We were disappointed when we had to head to the salt with a SBC, but looking back, it was the best thing we could have done! We were able to sort out issues with the car,do rookie passes, get licensed, as well as just get familiar and comfortable with the whole salt experience.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #567 on: April 15, 2014, 06:49:09 PM »
....Joe, slap some primer on it, drop any running engine you have handy in it, get all of your tech stuff in order, and bring it to the salt!

We were disappointed when we had to head to the salt with a SBC, but looking back, it was the best thing we could have done! We were able to sort out issues with the car,do rookie passes, get licensed, as well as just get familiar and comfortable with the whole salt experience.

Excellent advice.  If I get close enough that might be my path also,

Sumner

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #568 on: April 15, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
And theres always people willing to help out with the car  :-)

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
I appreciate that guys! I'm usually a pretty motivated, self starter kind of guy. But hey, everybody hits a bump in the road from time to time. Once again, things are moving forward. Almost ready to take the next big step! I'll definitely keep you all posted!

And Frankie, I'd be glad to have you help out!  :cheers: