Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341782 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #510 on: January 27, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
MMM, good stuff.

I hate it too but it has to be done.

Are you using machinery or lots of elbow grease?.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #511 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:43 AM »
So far Mike, there's three things that when used in unison yield excellent results. Good tunes, lots of elbow grease, and cold beer. I have found the third item must only be used if one doesn't mind the dusty plastic taste of filler. In all honesty, I'm starting to prefer it.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »
Need more pictures!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
When I eventually get there we'll kill that tate with some stronger.

No jokes, when I see guys sanding a car on TV I change the channel.

Check out Seasick Steve's music if you don't already have it. I think you might like it. :-D

Joe, you'll be just fine. At least you're on it all the time.

My favourite build on the forum. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
Thanks Mikey! I may have to take you up on that.  :cheers:

Trent, I'll get some pictures up for you this afternoon.

Things are progressing behind the scenes. My cylinder head is coming along, and I've got a fair amount of valve train on its way. I guess progress of any sort is good.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #515 on: February 03, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
I can't wait to see those pics. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2014, 06:13:17 PM »
Sorry guys, I try to be a man of my word. I had a recent bought with the crud that's been making it's way through the shop. Knocked me down pretty hard. Needless to say not much progress on ole Hank the last few days. But I assure all the viewers at home once I am on the mend I'll be back at with pictures to follow. Stay tuned!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
Join the club.

I'm suffering too.

The missus caught it on the plane coming back from the UK.

Get well Joe. Some R&R might help. :cheers:

Offline Tman

« Reply #518 on: February 07, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »
Get well Joe!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »
Well gents, I seem to be coming free of the grasp that the plague held on me. Feeling much better. Thanks for all the well wishes!  :cheers:

I'm going to check on some parts I'm having made today. Also a trip to the engine builder is in order this evening.

Had a very nice chat with another forum member last week and I hope to have some more go fast Jimmy parts in my hot little hands soon.

Things are progressing well, just not as fast as I'd like. I just have to remind myself that the race doesn't start until the car is sitting on the salt. I'll get there!

In other news, I was apparently voted in as president of the local car club here. I guess I should have taken the members seriously when they asked if I would do it. I'm looking forward to working with this group of guys. They do a lot of good in this little community.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #520 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
That's all good news Joe. :cheers:

I'm sure you'll have a great time being president.

I see a pit crew of note coming together.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #521 on: February 13, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
"I was apparently voted in . . . "

That's what you get for not attending the meeting.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »
Think William Tecumseh Sherman.   :mrgreen:

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #523 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »

That old gem. Primary motivation for attending our AGM is to ensure you aren't voted in for something that involves a mass.of people ringing you up and asking questions.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2014, 08:12:17 AM »

That old gem. Primary motivation for attending our AGM is to ensure you aren't voted in for something that involves a mass.of people ringing you up and asking questions.
AGM? Annual Goat Mugging?  :? Wayno