Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341627 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
Just got back in town. Car looks great Joe!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
Thanks Trent!

Just got off the phone w/ Yvette at Weaver. She confirmed my suspicions that my pump was not in the best shape. She did a little wheelin' and dealin', threw in an awesome "Merry Christmas" discount, and my pump is headed back to me in excellent shape!

Been doing a little body work here and there, but the shop has been crazy busy. After twelve hours of working on everybody's vehicles, motivation for Hank is rather low. But I've been making steady progress. We close up for the holidays, and that will be a great time to get caught up!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »
Wish you people would keep your snow out of St.George, we ain't used to it. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
Glen, I wish you'd keep it.  :wink: Any of that white stuff leftover from you guys has been making the shop here an absolute mad house! Can't gripe because we have plenty of work, but a break sure would be nice!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:28 PM »
What white stuff are we talking about here?. :-D

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #470 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:28 AM »
It ain't Salt.  :roll:  Wayno

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #471 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »
It ain't Salt.  :roll:  Wayno

But it will give you soggy boogers ...
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #472 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
Snow, gentleman. As in frozen water that falls from the sky.

It hasn't snowed here in a couple of days, but the temperature hasn't been above 20F for the better part of two weeks. That's -6C for anybody paying attention.

Offline Tman

« Reply #473 on: December 12, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »
Snow, gentleman. As in frozen water that falls from the sky.

It hasn't snowed here in a couple of days, but the temperature hasn't been above 20F for the better part of two weeks. That's -6C for anybody paying attention.

We should be close to 50 today. And we had an earthquake last night http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/earthquake-occurs-in-custer-area/article_229e0a7a-6345-11e3-a935-001a4bcf887a.html

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #474 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
I'll take 50 with a chance of earthquake any day!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #475 on: December 13, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »
Oil pump is back from Weaver today! And it looks great!

I'm not sure which is bigger though. My freshly rebuilt pump, or the pile of bad parts they sent back with it!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
Better a pile of bad parts now rather than later.

You did the right thing there Joe. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #477 on: December 31, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
Shop's been closed for the holidays, and I've gotten quite a bit done. We're gonna start on final body work and the front clip in the coming weeks.

Thanks to all of you for the tips, advice, pointers, and general opinions on my build. With out all of you I would have had quite a tough go of it. Happy New Year to all! God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll see you all on the salt in 2014!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #478 on: December 31, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
TMan  don't let the Sierra Club find out or the will be trying to to shut down the oil indursty blaming it on FRACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
Go Joe!!!!

I'm hoping for big things for you this year. It's already 2014 here.

Do you have your wheels yet?.
I need to see the lip of the wheel for research. :-D