Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341762 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #450 on: November 27, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
Hopefully its cheaper to just replace the worn parts than it is to buy another pump. Keep us updated  :-)

Offline tauruck

« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2013, 12:03:40 AM »
My 5 stage is also a used one but I haven't opened it yet. I'm hoping for the best.

I hope you come out of it without having to spend too much.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #452 on: November 29, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
The holiday weekend has jammed up any further info on my oil pump, but it has allowed me a few days in the shop with no distractions.

Had my tires mounted so I can make sure everything is going to fit under the car. So far, so good!

My big goal today is to get Hank back on the ground and see how it looks with the new wheels and the roof back on it. I'll be sure to post a few pictures.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2013, 10:33:03 AM »
Back in the shop today. Here's a picture of Hank at ride height as promised.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »
Oh yea, thats looking good Joe. Progress is good!
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
It definitely has the "right look" Joe. Keep up the great work.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »
My man. :-D :-D :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »
Thanks guys!  :cheers:

Been a long day. 10 hrs at the shop and I've got quite a bit to show for it. Everything on the bottom of the car is welded up. Next time I'm under there it will be to paint and get the rear end set up. Ladder bars, pinion angle, etc. I even managed to finally get the leaf spring brackets from the old straight axle cut off! Set Hank back on the ground and fabbed up my seat belt brackets.

I'm gonna try and build a switch panel for all the electrics tomorrow. Anyone know how big of a hole is need to mount a pull style fire suppression handle? All that stuff is gonna live right next to me in easy reach of my right hand.

Also, how do arm restraints work? I know they keep yer arms from flailing around, but I was curious how long they really were. Wanna make sure I can shift and reach my panel.

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
Mine hook in to the center belt latch. The starters want to see you reach everything you need to and not be able to reach above or out side the cage. Basically as short as possible and be able to drive the car safely. 
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2013, 07:20:27 AM »

Been a long day. 10 hrs at the shop and I've got quite a bit to show for it. Everything on the bottom of the car is welded up. Next time I'm under there it will be to paint and get the rear end set up. Ladder bars, pinion angle, etc. I even managed to finally get the leaf spring brackets from the old straight axle cut off! Set Hank back on the ground and fabbed up my seat belt brackets.

I'm gonna try and build a switch panel for all the electrics tomorrow. Anyone know how big of a hole is need to mount a pull style fire suppression handle? All that stuff is gonna live right next to me in easy reach of my right hand.

Also, how do arm restraints work? I know they keep yer arms from flailing around, but I was curious how long they really were. Wanna make sure I can shift and reach my panel.

I have a spare fire system pull cable at the shop. I will measure it and follow- up later this morning. I want to say about 1/2".

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »

Joe:

This is a FireBottle brand pull cable. The threaded shaft is 1/2". The cable pull from the nut face to the T handle extends out 1 11/16" from the mounting surface.

Hope this helps.

BR

I have a spare fire system pull cable at the shop. I will measure it and follow- up later this morning. I want to say about 1/2".

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #461 on: December 02, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
Thanks for the info wheeler!  :cheers:

I fought with various different placements of the switch panel yesterday afternoon. I think I've finally found a good home for it.

Soon I'll be up to my eyeballs in body work and building the front end! I can't wait! I've got a picture in my head of how it's going to look. The trick is turning that into reality!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #462 on: December 02, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »
With the work you've done so far and your motivation I'd say you'll pull it off.

SteveM got on the same roll and he finished a very nice truck. I see similarities here. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: December 02, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
Weaver, I bought a pump off ebay---from a nascar reseller---turns out trash through 3 out of the 4 sucksides--I would have had more in it than a new one the seller agreed to picking up the difference so I had a used reman system with a warranty---Weaver rebuilt the unit the most optimum way for our application and sent me all of the old parts---most are reusable just would not pull as good a vacuum as the new parts do.  I was very pleased with their internal collection manifold for the discharge to the dry sump tank.  I got lucky that my seller would work with me.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #464 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Good to hear that Sparky! I really like the way this weaver pump is setup. That being said, I just got off the phone with Weaver and my pump is getting sent to them tomorrow. They tell me it should be about a six day turn around. I'm sure it would probably work just fine, but with all the one-off parts I'm having made for the ole Jimmy, I want to make sure that my oiling system is the best that it can be!

Just wanted to say thanks to 38flattie as well for all the pointers on how to set the system up! It's gonna cost a little more than I had anticipated, but in my book it's better to cry a little now, than cry a lot later.