Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341888 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »
Nice chat, I hope the "friend" was a hot blonde?!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
Joe, you figure out the air filter / intake plumbing yet?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
Trent, hot yes, blonde no. I've been doing real good avoiding distractions during this build, but this little gal has a knack for showing up and getting me completely flustered. Good news is, I was back at it this morning. It, being the car!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
Frank, I've got some really good ideas. Most will center around how the front end of the car is built. Not to divulge too much, but I'm thinking proper cowl induction. Should be pretty straight froward, and ought to work great!

Spent some time on the phone today with a fellow racer and ended up pulling the trigger on some dry sump parts for the old Jimmy. Got a whole lot going on right now! I'll be sure to keep you all posted.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #424 on: November 24, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »
Trent, hot yes, blonde no. I've been doing real good avoiding distractions during this build, but this little gal has a knack for showing up and getting me completely flustered. Good news is, I was back at it this morning. It, being the car!

You how the saying goes, pictures or it didn't happen!! :-D :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »
Well Trent, I've only got one picture today. The top is officially roughed in! Welded, ground, and ready for some mud!

Spent the rest of the day doing more body work. The front lip of the rear fender on my car is bolted to the body. Luckily only every single bolt was rusted and broke off when I took the poor car apart. I was able to drill out two of them, but all the others were beyond help. I carefully pulled all the nuts out of the body and welded some stainless nuts in their place.

Got a bunch more engine parts ordered this weekend. If all goes according to my master plan, I should be starting on the front end in the next few days!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2013, 04:23:26 PM »
Being that the body is getting so close, I was curious, what color do you lot think would look good?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »
i was going to post a picture of my choice. But because of the most worthless, annoying feature of this site, having already posted that picture some time, years ago, I can't re post it with out renaming it. And that exceeds my Sunday frustration level. 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »
Yellow.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »
Well Trent, I've only got one picture today. The top is officially roughed in! Welded, ground, and ready for some mud!

Spent the rest of the day doing more body work. The front lip of the rear fender on my car is bolted to the body. Luckily only every single bolt was rusted and broke off when I took the poor car apart. I was able to drill out two of them, but all the others were beyond help. I carefully pulled all the nuts out of the body and welded some stainless nuts in their place.

Got a bunch more engine parts ordered this weekend. If all goes according to my master plan, I should be starting on the front end in the next few days!

Joe, watch out using stainless hardware. You'll have the same problem you just went through if you use stainless bolts unless you're generous with the anti seize compound. While stainless hardware would seem to be the answer because of its anti corrosion properties, it has a real problem with galling when tightened together. I think plated bolts should be just fine with the stainless nuts.

It's great to see the progress you're making.

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #430 on: November 25, 2013, 09:05:29 AM »
Hooley has a HJ drag car that is orange. To me that is the only color that belongs on a Henry J. Although back in the 80s I did a rendering of a purple one with flames that was pretty cool. I still have it in my portfolio, I will see if I can drag them out.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #431 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:26 AM »
Glen, something tells me you may be a little partial to yellow...

Keep the suggestions coming guys!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #432 on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »
I renamed the picture and tried again to repost it. Still no go. says I already posted a picture with that name. That's a lie. So I have decided that the color of my avatar 32 ford is now my choice. And it's already up. But I do thing the blue that was on the Guam Bomb was really nice.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #433 on: November 25, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Yellow is easier to see on the salt.  :cheers:

Glen, something tells me you may be a little partial to yellow...

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #434 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
Good point Glen.

I do like yer avatar pic Rich. That is a good looking car.

Here's what I have been leaning towards.