Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340510 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »
Joe, I meant nothing about that, it is just the nature of those door openings. Looks like a great chop.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »
No sweat Trent! Just a difference in what a guy likes! No offense intended or taken. Gotta love the cold and emotionless world of a forum!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »
Not much to report. Same story, different side of the car. Hoping to have the chop all roughed in by the end of this coming weekend.

Once both doors are done, I'll be installing the rocker panels below the door. Luckily the previous owner was nice enough to hack the rusty remnants out before I got there. Should save me a little time.

I can't help but think this would be a little easier had I started with a more "complete" car. That being said I bet I'll be the only Henry J racing!

If any one knows of a Henry J on the salt prior to my foolish endeavour I'd sure be interested in any info on said car!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
Just had lunch with my machinist and I got great news on my roller rockers! Here's a teaser pic. not quite done yet but it'll give ya a general idea.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Joe, that's a nice piece.  :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
Thanks Mike! Hopefully it works as good as it looks! We have some oiling issues to work out, but I do believe a solution is near. That being said I'll keep my trap shut. Got some super secret squirrel stuff coming down the pike!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
They normally do. You'll be fine. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
Into the body work portion of the build, and as Sparky said, sheet metal work sucks!

Still roughing in the top. Had some issues Saturday and had to do something different for awhile. Good news is that I got the driver side rocker fitted and tacked into place.

Speaking of rockers... My roller rockers are coming along nicely and any oiling issues have been addressed!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
That's great news Joe. Bouncing around the build a little keeps you from getting jaded IMO. Sticking to one thing for too long when it's fighting you isn't great. :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »
Wish I could be down there helping you Joe, I love metalwork!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
Thanks Trent! I could sure use the help. I'm ok at it, I'm just not a very patient person. Heavy fab is great! Crank that welder up and let 'er eat! I'd much rather be building a roll cage, chassis, anything like that. But this part of the build is just as crucial as the rest and needs to be done right, so I'm taking my time and making sure that it's done the way it needs to be.

On a side note I had a nice conversation with 38flattie today and got some much need info on some of my valve train parts. Thanks again for the leads Buddy!  :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
Let 'er eat Joe, let 'er eat!. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
Nothing to exciting to report. Doing lots of body work. Been out of town for the last couple of weekends, but I'll be hitting it hard again this week!

New rear wheels were shipped on Thursday so I should be seeing them soon. Once ole Hank's a roller again I've got some more welding to do under the car, then it's going up to a friends shop and we start on the nose.

In other news, rocker arms are done!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
Wooo Hooo that looks sweet Mike. I hope you have more than one :-D :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
Wooo Hooo that looks sweet Mike. I hope you have more than one :-D :cheers:

Who is Mike?! :-D :wink: