Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341854 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Joe, I will see if I can find shots of our airbox. It goes to the cowl. Those small filters are too restrictive. Build around a nice K&N or something.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »
Trent, I remember very clearly how things were setup on the truck. That is one of those, "Why didn't I think of that." ideas! Very well done!

Mike, I got your email. Don't worry about the moon discs! Those boxes look pretty cool, but I'm sure niether would fit under the hood of my car. I really appreciate your generosity!

I had a couple of ideas last night. I'll try to get a picture or two posted. I'm thinking of simplifying the whole mess!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
Frank, I have a fair amount of room. Definitely enough for a large air intake, and a decent sized filter housing.

Soory Joe, I ment what are the dimensions you have to work with. HxWxD?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Roughly 4" deep x 10" tall x the width of the cowl if need be.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »
Intake issues aside, I took some time this evening and got my seat support built.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
Dang Joe, that ought to do the trick.  :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:52 PM »
Joe, that looks really good. Have you got a picture from the side?

Pete

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »
I like it, I like it alot......go for it, Joe.... :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Looking good Joe!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
Thanks guys!  :cheers:

I'll post a pic for you PJ.

I've spent most of today in the shop welding on the inside of the car and getting everything ready so I can put the roof back on this week. I'm really excited to see how things will look once Hank starts to look like a real car again!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2013, 02:37:20 PM »
As promised, here's the side view of my snazzy seat supports.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
Thanks Joe. It looks really good.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Drug the lid for Hank out of storage this evening and started getting it put back in it's now lowered position. Got a lot more work to do, but so far it's looking pretty awesome! Almost wished I would have chopped it more, but things are fitting nicely. I'll post some pics tomorrow night as things progress.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #373 on: October 15, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »
Joe, it is coming along nicely. Keep going bro. :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
Junkie --

Keep your eyes open the next couple of months -- there are some Rule Book changes proposed to straighten out the chop contour regulations, which, I guess, vary from category to category.  I'd imagine that new construction might be effected.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records