Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341823 times)

Offline Kiwi Paul

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
Joe...Don`t forget that we require seat back reinforcing bars. Run some down from your shoulder bar, then attach to the seat back and weld to that lower set cross brace. Just noticed that in your recent pics..

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2013, 01:01:16 AM »
Those headers look like just what the doctor ordered Joe. Good job!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sometimes we just have to step back and rethink a project before we dive in. It seems to become more simple if we take the easy parts first and slowly sneak up on those that appear more difficult.

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
Thanks PJ! I have a little more to do to finish it up, but I'm real happy with it so far.

Kiwi, i'm looking at rule 3.D.1. it says the seat should be braced to prevent rearward collapse. I'm assuming that having it mounted to the shoulder bar of the cage is insufficient. I have a pretty good idea of what your saying, but do I need to mount the seat to those bars, or is just having bars in that location gonna cut it?
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
I'm thinking the idea is to brace that sectio of the shouder bar so it don't collapse rearward.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »
I'm darn sure not trying to split hairs, but I have that section braced pretty well. I'm going to add the two bars Kiwi was talking about. I'd much rather spend an hour now as opposed to trying to scrounge up some tubing on the salt and get it put in so I can pass tech!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Would have loved to spend the evening working on the car, but alas, work comes first. Some dummy here at the shop decided we should go to an electronic form of invoices and repair orders.  :x Now that same dummy is the one working late to make the system function seamlessly for everyone else. I've never been known for my great ideas...  :roll:

I plan on installing a couple bars to brace the seat tomorrow night, and finishing up my header/intake manifold this week.

Thinking dry thoughts, and hopefully I'll be spectating and asking questions at World Finals by this time next week!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
Joe, may haps a wider angle photo. The ones on post 310 don't show what I think you have there already.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »
Frank, are you thinking I could just build braces/brackets off of the tubes I already have?

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Frank, are you thinking I could just build braces/brackets off of the tubes I already have?
Nope, I was thinking that what you have should do the trick. Disclaimer, l ain't no inspector and I'll always go over kill.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2013, 09:40:43 PM »
Love the disclaimer!  :-D I do believe I'll side with you on the overkill!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2013, 11:29:15 PM »
Joe, it looks great. A member PM'd me and said "Overkill is your Friend". I believe that. Nothing wrong with the Simpson there either. That's the right stuff. They say if you've got a ten buck head wear a ten buck helmet. I hope the weather holds out for you and all the guys.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
Joe--I would use those bars and fab a couple of Horizontals that come forward, bolt to the seat or even rest against it, and then return back. Kind of like a Horizontal `C`....If I knew how, I`d draw some in for you, but I just hit stuff with hammers.... :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
Joe...Don`t forget that we require seat back reinforcing bars. Run some down from your shoulder bar, then attach to the seat back and weld to that lower set cross brace. Just noticed that in your recent pics..

Something like this?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:12 AM »
I like those a lot better than putting anything totally rigid directly across the driver's back. I always look at that as the same as hitting a driver directly in the back with a baseball bat.

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »
Kiwi, that's funny! I understand what you are saying!

Frank, that's exactly what I had in mind.