Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341569 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
So, anger and frustration got the better of me tonight. Fought with placing extake pipes on my snazzy new intake/exhaust flange, and after about two hours of dinking with it I calmly picked up all the pieces and decided to regroup and try again tomorrow. Luckily I managed to avoid my typical tantrum that involves throwing parts and tools!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »
I quit throwing tools when a screw driver bounced off the wall a came back at me. Really scared the chit out of me. :-o

Offline tauruck

« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
Joe, it must be something in the air. You're not alone. Ratpatrol hit the nail on the head. Walk away and come back fresh tomorrow.

Offline Tman

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
My old roommate and tandem mtn bike stoker was a short dude but a World champion powerlifter. He had roid rage at times. One day at the bike shop he got pissed at something and threw a 15mm wrench. It made a perfectly outlined hole in the pegboard.  :-o

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »
I've gotten a lot better over the years. Anymore, it takes quite a bit to get me fired up. Problem is, I have a specific way I want this exhaust to look, and until it looks that way, I'll keep re-doing it.

Got some family obligations this evening, so that should give me a little more time to rethink this header and get back on it with some new ideas tomorrow evening!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Here's a picture of the flange. Really nice piece, and it sure helps to have a buddy that owns a water jet!

gkabbt

« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
Joe

Since WoS was canceled, are you planning on going to the WF's?
I'm thinking VERY hard about doing another big adventure!  :-D

Gregg

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »
Gregg, I missed out on WOS so I planned on going to the Shoot Out. Shoot Out got delayed because of weather. So, that being said, I have once again made reservations and plan on being at World Finals in a couple weeks. If the mood strikes you and yer headed that way, I'd love to catch up!  :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »
It has not been a very productive week.  :cry: Good news is, I got some more pieces parts today!

I started on seat mounts last night, those should be done tonight and I should have some pics up.

Got my replacement rocker panels today, and the fit pretty good for an aftermarket body panel.

Also got some more pipe for my header, and now that I have some better ideas on how it should be built I may make some progress in that area!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »
So, anger and frustration got the better of me tonight. Fought with placing extake pipes on my snazzy new intake/exhaust flange, and after about two hours of dinking with it I calmly picked up all the pieces and decided to regroup and try again tomorrow. Luckily I managed to avoid my typical tantrum that involves throwing parts and tools!

I haven't thrown anything since I lost my rag about eight years ago working on the tank, I threw a really nice planishing hammer and it split the hickory handle. The next weekend Reverend Hedgash turned up with the hammer and he had fixed the handle, i felt both stupid and very grateful that he had fixed it, but made no fuss at the time............Just the right mixture of lesson, and help...

It reminds me though of years ago I replaced the head on a four cylinder Jap car with a second hand one, couldn't work out WHY it was running so rough. I took the rockers off and went along tapping the tops of the valves......tung!!!! one of them was stuck solid....buried the hammer about a third of the way up the handle in the ground beside the car and went inside...... :roll:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
Doc, That cyl. head story would be really funny if I hadn't done the same thing before!  :cheers:

Got my seat mounts finished up tonight. Tman has some belts coming for me so I can get those mounts built, and do I dare say it... The roof may be going back on in the very near future!

In the mean time, I think I'll be diving back into header fabrication head long as of tomorrow evening! Wish me luck!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »
Joe, It's looking great and it's gained momentum. You do neat work. That building funk (header fab) will pass. You probably work alone like I do and there's no one to bounce ideas off. I've got six Jack Russels and they hang around in the shop. If I say "F" they're ghosts, gone!!! I guess they know what's coming. :-D :-D

gkabbt

« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »
Joe, It's looking great and it's gained momentum. You do neat work. That building funk (header fab) will pass. You probably work alone like I do and there's no one to bounce ideas off. I've got six Jack Russels and they hang around in the shop. If I say "F" they're ghosts, gone!!! I guess they know what's coming. :-D :-D

My Cat does the same thing!.....LOL  :-D

Gregg

PS
Impressive build you got going on Mike.....Just like the Tauruck!   As PJ posted, We'll follow this one with interest!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »
Joe is a special dude. I wish I could be there. Thanks Gregg. Is it your cat that says No! No! No! on Youtube??  :-DSorry Joe, no jack intended.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2013, 11:51:30 PM »
No sweat guys!

Started back in on my header this evening and made some good progress. I'm building an equal length tube, tri-y style header. Got the first two Y's done this evening. Time for bed. I plan on finishing it up tomorrow!