Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341566 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2013, 08:01:51 AM »
I like a big red idiot light for oil pressure. Between the salt, the course markers and the tach you won't have much time to look at the gauges. You might not notice low oil pressure until the engine lays over. You will notice a big red light! Might save some engine parts. Mine is labelled "fun's over."

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
Not a whole lot to report. Been spending the evenings welding up everything that I've fabbed in the last week.

Good news is the seat I have for the car won't work the way I had planned so I got a new one on its way.

Talked to Ray about my new rear wheels yesterday, he tells me they are working on them as we speak.

Next week should be a good week for more parts to hit my doorstep, and in the mean time, I'm going to try and catch the Shoot Out this weekend! Hope the weather holds out!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #287 on: September 12, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Nice. Enjoy it man. The way you cut that steering was priceless. I loved it. Hank could have nose art and be designated B17 :-D. Master stroke.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
HAHAHA!! Thanks Mike! Speaking of nose art, I'm going to need a bit of direction when it comes to building the nose of this car. I've never messed with any 'glass fabrication.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
What are your ideas for a nose?

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »
Tapered in at the front, and sloping down from the cowl.

Kind of like this, not as exaggerated and obviously covering the front wheels.

Offline Tman

« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
Good shape to copy, if you dig through my thread you will see the foam core mold I made. Like Jon down under just not as fancy! Lots of info in the Human powered world. If you dig through the search you can find some links. NACA will lead you to a great glass thread.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »
Thanks for the info Trent!  :cheers:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Joe, you might try picking Tauruck's (Mike) brain. It's purty much what he does for a living down in S.A.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
Thanks Frank, I'll help Joe where I can. Joe, I have one or two ideas on how you could save bucks by not having to make a mold so holler when the time comes.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
I sure appreciate any help Mike!

Spent the weekend welding on the car. Managed to find some replacement rocker panels for the car which should save me a ton of time as opposed to build my own! New seat should be here today, and hopefully my cylinder head flange will be done in a day or two so I can start building manifolds for the intake and extake.

If all goes well, I'll have some pices of my seat mounts and seat this evening!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
Almost forgot!! I may have found a local machinist to build some roller rockers for the ole 302 that won't cost me a fortune! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
That machinest wouldn't be Norm Frick, would it?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »
Nope, but if my guy can't do it, I'm open to suggestions of any one that can!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »
You live in Grand junction, right? So does Norm Frick. He made me my first set of 2 piece heads. He can do it, if you can talk him into it.

I have no idea of cost, though.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c