Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340507 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »
Labor Day Weekend Report

Final Day

Been a very productive weekend! Got a bunch done, still got a lot to do!

Spent today cutting up the odd shaped little pieces for floor and firewall, but the good new is, they're all in!! So much welding to do. I"m hoping my new rear wheels will be here this week. Once the top side is all welded up I'd really like to get Hank up in the air and stitch a bunch on the bottom side to keep everything tight and quiet.

I'm hoping to get a exhaust/intake flange made this week so I can build my intake, and header! once that's done the engine is coming out and going to the machine shop!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »
Often when I get a close look at the welds on a cage they scare the heck out of me. It's great to see some really solid looking welding on your cage. Keep up the fine work. Your progress is impressive.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

gkabbt

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
Awesome Steve! I was hoping to see your Rampage run, and it looks like I will! Luckily Bonneville isn't too far from here. And I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than being out on the salt! See you this weekend!

Joe, since you're going to WoS, I'd like to meet up with you!
I'll be around Steve's or Jon's (Seldom Seen Slim) trailers.
See you this weekend!!

Gregg

Currently in Jackson Hole, WY on our way to WoS!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »
Sounds good Gregg. I'll track you down Saturday morning!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SteveM

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
Super nice work on the Henry!   The cage looks fantastic.

Looking forward to meeting you on the salt.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

gkabbt

« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
Mr. lsrjunkie Sir,

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE !!!!!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

May you have many more!

Gregg

Currently in Kansas City on our way back to NC!

Offline Tman

« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
Happy bday Joe!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »
Joe, I bet they will ask you to add another "temple" bar on the left side of your helmet.

he has two tubular Gussies to a lower bar and  there is not much "span" that is unsupported

but I am not on the committee or and am not a current inspector
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »
Thanks for the bday wishes guys. Tried to work on the car Saturday, but didn't make much progress. My phone was ringing off the hook and when it wasn't ringing somebody else was walking through the door of the shop to wish me well. It's great to have so many good friends!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
Happy belated birthday Joe. I know you had a good one. God Bless. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »
Got a little done in the last few days, but no time to post.

So, got my dash panel and gauges built and mounted but I ran into a little problem...

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »
PROBLEM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
Problem solved!

I've been working on seat mounts this evening. I think I've got the driving position set pretty darn good. Feels comfortable at least!

Offline bucketlist

« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
I see your gauges are set in the normal orientation. Might be a good idea to rotate them so the preferred needle position is straight up, to make it easier to quickly spot variations from that preference without having to analyze what the numbers mean.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
Planned on it! Just had them stuffed in the holes for some sense of my field of vision, and where all my gauges would fall into it.