Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 342012 times)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »
Yeah, steering is gooood.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
Not much to report this evening. Good news is the entire driver side floor is in! Two pieces left to go on the passenger side and then it's on to covering the stock dash area to make a nice fire proof firewall.

Three day weekend is going to be great. Should be able to get a lot done. I've got about ten hours of welding once all the floor and firewall is in.

Luckily I don't have any obligations other than work. Gonna try to keep my plate clear. I really want this car to go down the salt in a years time.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
Labor Day Weekend Report

Day 1

Got to the shop around 9 this morning and began cutting the last pieces for the floor. Got those in and tacked into place. Managed to requistion The tubing notcher from the guy who owns it and commenced to gusset up this roll cage. Needless to say after 10 hours down here, things are coming along nicely!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
This cage should be tough! Hopefully I don't ever find out!

Thanks to all you guys out there for the pointers on gussets and placement. Never having built a cage before all the info sure helped! The roll cage should pass tech with flying colors.

I added another bar on the driver side to stiffen things up, but placed it so my window net won't be some goofy trapezoidal mess.

Gonna call it a night, get some food in my belly, have a beer or two, and hit the sack. Back at it tomorrow morning!

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
Nice cage. Looks good and strong.

Just a comment on that throttle pedal. If you use it make sure you take it apart and anti-seize it. I had the same one. Mine was locked up solid by the time we drove 36 hours back to Fl.

I like pedals that hang...keeps the salt out of them.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
Thanks wheeler! I had thought about doing that. I'd like a little different one, but that's what I had and it saved me a few bucks!

gkabbt

« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
Lookin' good, Joe!

I REALLY like everything that's going on here:

Gregg

Currently in West Yellowstone, MT on our way to WoS!

Offline SteveM

« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
That cage looks fantastic!
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #263 on: August 31, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
You got it going on Joe. That is one stout cage. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
Joe, I bet they will ask you to add another "temple" bar on the left side of your helmet.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
Planning on it Tman. Just ran out of tubing!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
Labor Day Weekend Report

Day 2

Well, my Labor Day weekend has been chock full of labor! Got some welding done on the cage gussets I built yesterday.

Cut out a couple pieces of steel to cover the gapping holes I cut in the rear floor for the coil overs. Got those parts welded in, and it look pretty sharp, if I do say so myself!

Got a few panels cut for the firewall and tacked those into place.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »
Joe, you're doing a great job there. The cage is excellent.  :cheers:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2013, 01:25:14 AM »
FMD, that's a cage, you could strain your potatoes with that, nice work, gonna be a really cool car, love a jimmy.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Thanks Doc, and Mike!