Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 340506 times)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
Thanks for the tip Neil! I've always wanted one, but the cost, and not having a shop of my own have kept it from happening.

Harbor freight, fleabay get them cheap and they fit in a closet.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »
HAHAHA!! Good point Capt!

So I got my steel pieces for my floor today! Sans plasma cutter and they fit great! Lots to be said for templates! Got em all in place and the rest of the floor and firewall will be a cake walk!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
Yes-- templates are your friend!  :cheers:

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »
This build is lookin gooood!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2013, 07:08:03 AM »
Joe, it was great finally meeting you, and chatting on the way home! I'm looking forward to coming over this winter, and seeing this awesome build. :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
Thanks Buddy!

It's been a fairly productive weekend. Got pedals and steering mocked up and the floor is almost completely in! I'll post some pictures tonight.

Looking for opinions on a throttle pedal. I have a hydraulic throttle setup that would work very well. Or would a cable style work better?
I have seen, and driven cars with both, Any one option better than the other?
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
Rare for cables to fail, have less to go wrong with, have more adjustment, and spares are cheap.......
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:24:56 AM by 38flattie »
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
Good point Buddy! But the plus side is I have the other stuff. Meaning I can spend money somewhere else!

Spent Sunday afternoon and this evening working on the inside of the car. Got a bunch done, but I still have a bunch to do.

The angle of the pictures of the pedals is weird. Looks like there's no room for a throttle pedal, but there is. The arrangement actually feels pretty good from the driver seat. Close enough together so I don't have to reach, but not so close I'll be stomping two pedals at once.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
Joe:

The build is looking good.

For what it is worth, I had a similar issue after widening the  trans tunnel to make engine installation easier. I found an angled pedal at a chassis supply store online whos name escapes me at the moment. It allow me to weld the mount on the trans tunnel and angle the pedal over toward the brake. I had to cut a hole in the firewall to weld the  back of the mount. First picture. Second picture is with everything plumbed and the throttle pull-back tab added to the pedal. Just thought I would show you in case it gives you an idea.

BR

Good point Buddy! But the plus side is I have the other stuff. Meaning I can spend money somewhere else!

Spent Sunday afternoon and this evening working on the inside of the car. Got a bunch done, but I still have a bunch to do.

The angle of the pictures of the pedals is weird. Looks like there's no room for a throttle pedal, but there is. The arrangement actually feels pretty good from the driver seat. Close enough together so I don't have to reach, but not so close I'll be stomping two pedals at once.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
Thanks! That is a great idea!  :cheers: Funny how our pedal configuration looks so similar. Gotta love having like minded individuals to contribute to this madness!

Offline Tman

« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
I may have a pedal for that Joe, let met look.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Floor, floor, floor. So much floor in such a small car. But hey, at least its progress!

I bet everyone is sick of looking at the floor of my car and wants to see something cool. Patience folks, it's coming!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
It's looking great. Keep at it bro. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
Right on Mike! Thanks! Good to see you around here!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »
Quick update. Steering is in and done! Dinner with the boss cut into my build a little this evening, but at least Hank can be steered around the shop now and not hearded.