Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341822 times)

Offline Tman

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
One more. I've never seen a disc in the flesh so my version is domed which will ultimately make the finished product stiffer etc.

Looks spot on, I could sure use some for the lakester. Lets us know when you are ready with them

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
Well gents, the time has come... Getting back on the car this evening!  :-D

Pictures to follow!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »
Got back on ole Hank in the last couple of days! Added some more floor and firewall. Got my clutch ordered so I can assemble the hydraulics, which will allow me to see how much room I won't have in the driver compartment. Starting with a small car and adding a big engine has posed some interesting dilemmas! Gonna do up some more cage gussets this evening. (Thank's for the tips Frank!) Hopefully you guys haven't totally written me off yet. I also have found, and have in my possesion, the connecting rods I'll be using for the engine. Cylinder head is at the machine shop now! All I really need now is more time and more money. At least I don't need much!!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »
Glad to hear your back at it. Remember,  some of us need pictures to understand what's going on. Keep plugging away.

Frank
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
Glad to hear you're making progress!

You gonna come and hang with us on the salt? :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »
Buddy, I'll be rolling into to town at some point Friday morning, the 9th. That being said I would like you to know I'll be available to lend a hand in any way that helps! Chasing parts, guarding the beer cooler, etc. I wish I could be out there with Hank, but if I can't, I'd love to help you guys get a red hat or two!

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »
Joe, I don't know if the red hat will come to fruition, but we'll be there running! We'd love to have you come hang with us, and fill us in on all the details of Hank!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
Slow but steady progress. I took the leaky old muncie out of the car last night, in favor of the freshly gone through, close ratio, T10. Even got a flywheel and clutch. After a little bit of fiddling around, I think I have a good plan of attack for mounting the slave cylinder. Sorry no pictures yet guys. They are coming though, I promise!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
As promised, here's some pictures! Here's my leaky mock up unit.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
And the trans I'll be runnin in the car. Close ratio T10, with all new guts!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »
Nothing too cool here, just a shot of the scatter shield and some clutching components.

Offline 38flattie

« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »
Progress, progress, progress! :cheers:

Great chatting with you the other day, Joe!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:15 AM »
Thanks Buddy! I just keep chiseling away at everything.  :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Got the shifter and the slave mounted this evening. Apparently there is a reason most manufacturers put all this stuff under the car! Having a four speed tranny living right next to me has taken up a lot of realestate where my legs will live. gonna be tight, but luckily I'm a skinny guy!
 :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »
Here's some pics of the clutch hydraulics and the shifter installed. Now I can start building the floor pan and firewall on the driver side and hopefully get some pedals hung!